coolest junkyard find!

-
gremlin said:
I went to the junkyard with a coworker several years ago. I was pulling a nice soft, perfedt dash pad out of a 68 Dart when a little stash fell out of the dash. My buddy thought that was pretty cool. I quit smokin years ago, but it was kinda tempting.

I found a 69 340 in a van last month. Yeap...it's in my storage shed right now.
my question is ...how do you forget about something like that?

It wasn't my find but one of the guys in my Mopar club was in a Pick and Pull and found someone had just dumped off a 79' Aspen R/T with a 360 T-tops the whole works. Black car red interior. He bought it for about 300 bucks tossed some wheels on it a good cleanign tune up and carb and brought it out to the car show with the wreckers grease pencil markings on the side. Was in pretty decent shape and a fairly rare car if you like the F bodies.

I was in corning akansas in 1981 and a man was mowing his yard next to the black river and seen 5 or six old car in the bushes next to his house, So I stoped and asked about them,He told me if I took them all I could have them for 200 dollars.So I made my way thoue the brush,spiders,moskitos and did not see any snakes,But I was sure they were there.2 chevey wagens,pair of 50 shevy truck and a 1971 ghea rubber bumper 383 overhead console baracuda.needles to say I paid the man and moved them home.salvadge yard got them all exept cuda,trunk roted and pass floor gone the raidiator was missing the car was very complete.I sold this car two months later.it went to st louis Mo for 2.500 wish I still had it today,But it put a lot of food on the table for me and my family,Wife and two children,Mopars has been good to me that way,PS= one of the old wagens gave up a bag of arrowhead 46 to be exact and keep all but 3 I sold for 750 dollars

Back in the mid '70's we had 3 salvage yards where I lived & only 1 really had anything to do with Mopars. For a long time they had a set of what I was told were Big Block Mopar exhaust manifolds laying in the corner of the waiting area. They looked like cast iron headers. The outlet looked pretty much like a normal header collector with a flange for bolting up the exhaust pipes, if I remember right, & I think the 2 ports in the middle ran through 1 tube, but that was a long time ago. Anybody have any idea what they were from? Max Wedge????

:burnout:

how about swap meets? I just met a guy who saw what looked like a bumper car at a swap meet . it had a wood wheel on it from an 68-70 a or b body and it was like new.
he asked the guy how much for it and the guy says he can have both the cars for 50.00 bucks. Turns out that they were drivers traing simulators from the 70's! they had like new a100 seats, dart dashes , a/t columns, manual steering boxes and all the pedal assemblies for a four speed along with 3sp
shifters boots and trim rings. He's got a couple of 69 1/2 sixpac cars ,so he just wanted the wood wheels.
I said those would be kool for my kids to practice on and he said for 50.00 buck they're yours! so I have to go pick them up this week.

'64 Cuda those do sound like the max wedge manifolds....
mbaird those things are cool. i never saw one in person, but have seen pictures of them. i didn't realise that they had mopar parts on them though. that is a good find!

What i have found in the local yards A old sb HEMI, a imperial with a 413 with push button auto a dakota that would have made a nice bb truck. Oh yea and the 1970 duster340 4speed in a semi trailor all apart

never found any dope or ******(the siringes why herion cause why would someone hide siringes if they had to use them for medical reasons)

mbaird said:
how about swap meets? I just met a guy who saw what looked like a bumper car at a swap meet . it had a wood wheel on it from an 68-70 a or b body and it was like new.
he asked the guy how much for it and the guy says he can have both the cars for 50.00 bucks. Turns out that they were drivers traing simulators from the 70's! they had like new a100 seats, dart dashes , a/t columns, manual steering boxes and all the pedal assemblies for a four speed along with 3sp
shifters boots and trim rings. He's got a couple of 69 1/2 sixpac cars ,so he just wanted the wood wheels.
I said those would be kool for my kids to practice on and he said for 50.00 buck they're yours! so I have to go pick them up this week.

Pretty COOL!!!

Post some pics when you get them!

siegenthaler.16 said:
What i have found in the local yards A old sb HEMI, a imperial with a 413 with push button auto a dakota that would have made a nice bb truck. Oh yea and the 1970 duster340 4speed in a semi trailor all apart
man i wonder why anyone would have taken a car apart and put in a trailer? hummm.....

Back in about 1976 I found a 70 318 barracuda flat hood at a salvage yard.trailerd home and behind the rear drivers side panel I found a 20 count role of dome lite lenses.A facktory line worker on friday must have mistplaced them.or stasht them for someone down the line.And I have used or gave away,Lots of mopar folks here in Arkansas.

well see i am only 18 years old right now and have had alot of junkyard encounters... but the best i can figure would be the orginal one that started it all.... i was 14 years old and my sister was buying her first mopar... a 1972 Dodge Dart Custom.... the body was in excellent condition other than a few minor rust spots and the ownr of the junkyard said it would need about 1000 dollars worth of random stuff to get it working... i can't remember what he said... so she bought the car for $900 and the owner of the yard towed it to our house.... he started getting back in his truck and my dad had the hood up on the car... we poured a little gas in the carb. and come to find out.... it was just dry as a bone the car cranked right up and all the junkyard owner could do was laugh cause he thought there was more than just GAS to get it running he never thought to do it... needless to say my sister thought the car was too big and when i turned 16 she gave it to me i was in the process of fixin her up and got into a car wreck with it about a week ago ... i will soon have a 1972 dodge dart swinger and we are switching the 318 out of the custom to the swinger.... wish me luck and i will post pics when i get it running.... but really all it needed was gas... what a buy

(Years ago)
A good running 440 Magnum Inteceptor out of a police car cost me zero bucks because a friends Dad owned the lot.

(recently)
An Eddy Performer 1406 that looks and works like brand new for 40 bucks.

In 2001 I found a 70 HEMI 4spd Road Runner. I think that was my best find ever.
Picture462.jpg

Picture455.jpg

Paid $50 for it.

-
Back