cooling fan options?

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
73 swinger mild build, with a/c..... and upgraded power master 100amp alt, and upgraded wiring..champion 3 core radiator all ready purchased... tried the ford conture dual fans, it rubs against the core and fins, and even spaced out would have to trim the back of fan shrouding support on the motors for the w/p pulley for clearance. I have a 17 or 16" universal and 2 ...10" universal fans that would work but not sure if would pull enough air with idling in 115 degree traffic with a/c on... cannot use the factory clutch fan way too close for comfort. my gmc acadia fan idea will not work due to the clearance, and is pulse with modulated by the ecm requires more work than comfort. now I wouldn't mid a simple electric fan set up that would handle all the cooling.... but not sure what would. or otherwise I would go to a shallow flex fan and a shroud all ready have the radiator with a shroud across with sheet metal, awaiting the open cuts for what I plan to use... not sure if the radiator and what fans will cool, any one out there done anything similar? I' ve seen lots of you just putting an electric, non- shrouded fan by itself zipped though the core fins and clamed it keeps cool............ any thoughts by anyone...?
if needed can see pics of trial set up on photos section IV....
thanks for any thoughts.../ or pics/ ideas? oh forgot to mention only have 2 inches of clearance at water pump pulley nose to flat steel shroud I have currently running across....

ok what I have come up with, I have taken the ford contour fan assy, and ground out area for the w/p pulley for clearance, and then where the shroud meats the radiator I am taken little by little with an air grinder and a rolock scuffing disc until it does not rub against the cores.... getting real close, then will be added a small insulation foam between for safe measure, this will work, but not the way I had originally intended... not sure why the other user in this page set up fits so well in the pic, but i"m getting there. little by little, thanks for the other ideas..

after I ground Contour fan to clear the w/p pulley I had to mount it to radiator and slide it in together. It is close but works using a Champion CC375 3 core to cool my 499" in 67 GTS, Joe

Goldduster318 has it detailed out as to relays and controller that I followed

-
Back