cooling issues

-

greg

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what type of shroud I could use on my 68 Dart?

Ok the shroud for your car was found in limited number of cars. Then the left motor support failure and/or accidents destroyed several of those.
Reproduction shrouds appeared about 4 years ago but quickly earned a bad reputation for melting into the fan. I would like to think that has been corrected by now. If you have a stock radiator with part number ending 096 ( most common in small block cars ) the shroud part number ends in 614.
If you haven't already spent money restoring that 43 year old 22 inch radiator, A 26 inch radiator from a later A will go in there. Some have placed even larger radiators from Fifth Ave., etc.., in there with very little effort. Those radiator are priced decent at part stores and those shrouds are much more common and affordable. Add the factory coolant recovery tank those vehicles had and it seems to be the best route for your wallet and your car.

I bought a shroud from Mancini racing that fits the A-bodies. My car is a 67 cuda.

Anyways don't buy their shrouds! Mine started sagging so bad that it was touching the fan..... I had to take it off.

I was going to make a thread about the lack of quality and pictures but have not had the time. I was warned not to get that shroud but I didn't listen.

-
Back