Cooling my 410 stroker motor

-

kent spaulding

spauldo
Reaction score
Looking for advive on a radiator for my 68 cuda that currently has a freshly built mp resto block 340>410 stroker motor in it with 478 hp @ the crank and 504 ft lbs of torque. Not concerned about not having a stock look, i just want it to cool a ton.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 586
Just go with a big aluminum one and two small electric fan with a thermostat that kicks on automaticly

WWW.U.S. Radiator.com

Check them out........not cheap but doesn't look like your part of the cheap club........

I had them build me a 3 core triple pass (passes thru 3 times before exiting) for my '65....Brass and copper transfer heat better than aluminum .......aluminum is strictly a weight saver ..........I dislike electric fans on a street ride.......No problems with my solid cammed 408.

As you can see in the pic fitment was no issue, no mods to rad support, just had to use the Hayden jag clutch, mill a 16th off the face of w/pump pully and 3/16th off fan clutch fins...... you should have more room in a later model.

Attachments

• IMG_1721 (Small).JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 335
I used Glen-ray Radiators (Wausau, WI). I wanted a "stock" looking radiator but these guys can do it all and they offer great tech advice on how to complete your cooling system with correct shroud and fan. I'm running a 408 (450 HP/465 Tq) with stock style 22" radiator (with all new Glen-ray core design), Mopar 5 blade clutch fan, and stock water pump, stock shroud and the car runs right at the 180 degree thermostate in the heat of summer here in Virginia ( high 90's temps and humidity).

Here's their web site: http://www.hemiradiators.com/

I used a Be Cool radiator on my stroker with good luck it was rated to cool over 500HP if I remember correctly. It was a cross flow design. I didn't really care for the way it looked in the car not having a top tank, but it worked good!

Dude318 > The nose cone is a separate piece......or am I missing something??

aftermarket 2 row alum radiator and a dual fan set up out of a 1998-2000 Mercury Cougar/Ford Contour fan. 3500cfm at 30amps or so. TON of air

Running a stock fan and shroud are definately not an option with this serpentine system. I have a brand new 16" SPAL puller fan with a 195 degree controlled relay that I would like to mount on the radiator that I will be putting in this car.

-
Back