cooling system

-
excellent question, i'd like too know myself. i have same problem with my swinger. i picked up a flex fan and spacer, and a bottle of red line additive (supposed to bring down temp by 30 degrees) sunday. i'm going too install them this weekend and see what happens. but i drive at 180 degrees, in traffic i go up too 210 so far. start driveing and it drops right down. so how hot is too hot?
never mind , thanks earl

well i will have a shroud made, It wont have a hood untill I mock up the fiber glass one I have, the paint and body guys ae comming to look at it tonight and pretty soon it will go to the body shop so when i comes back she will have a hood.

I ran her a little in town and she stayed right around 180 but if I had to set to long in traffic i know she would heat right back up. I dont know where she will stop as far as over heating because i have never let it get up past 210.

Thanks for all the help I think a shroud and a 22 lbs cap will most likely solve the problem.
I would like here to run around 190 in town so thats the goal.

Hey Chad I found a stock shroud that might work. You might have to fab some mounting straps to fit the aluminum radiator but if you want I can send it to you.

dont worry about it Craig I think I will go ahead and have a alum one made to match the rest of the engine.
Thanks anyway.

Is it the guy up the road who can't touch a car for less than $10K :shock: That thing better look really trick for the kind of money he asks :scratch:

Yes it that guy up the street :roll: He wants $250 just to make the shroud but i am going to let it be known up front as well that it better look sharp as hell or he will be holding on to it and trying to sell it to someone else. I figure I spent $100 on an alternator braket whats the damn differance :?:

-
Back