Cope Racing is Building transmissions for the holidays

-
Make sure it has a different vendors valve body in it. LOL

Make sure it has a different vendors valve body in it. LOL
the customer service gripes are well known and documented, what's the deal on the valvebodies? this is the first i've heard of that.

Not that I have any dealings with CRT and have anything good or bad to say but I have heard about some valve bodies having issues and burning up a transmission. I forget the issue but I believe it’s been addressed and haven’t heard of any issues since. I planned to buy one of his 2nd gear launch trans brake valve bodies this winter if my engine didn’t break. So it’ll have to wait for another winter.

He straight up built a complete POS for me .. and walked away , I had to take it to someone local to repair it , stay clear of this clown

I purchased a manual valve body in 2017 from them…. Still have the box it came in

IMG_2348.png

Just a counterpoint....My avatar has an older CRT 727 with a Griner rmvb in it. It has been flawless for me in the 3+ years I've run it. But I got it used with the car so not sure when it was built.

****!!! I thought he was supposed to know what he was doing

It is sad to read about stories such as yours when it comes to dealings with some businesses in the Mopar world. My business partner and I build transmissions on the side, which we thoroughly enjoy. I try to throw that out there every now and again to let all of us Mopar enthusiasts know there are other transmission builders out there other than just the "Big name" builders, such as A&A, CRT, Andrew Racing Trans, Pro trans, etc. We have continued to add to our stock of A&A parts so that when we get a customer who needs their transmission built quickly, our goal is to turn it around for them as quickly as possible without having to wait for parts to show up. I know some people need their stuff done in a hurry and can't wait for the extended lead times that a lot of full-time shops currently have due to what the pandemic has done to this country. I urge everyone I have built a transmission for to educate themselves (such as I did) on how to take a transmission core apart, inspect it, clean it, re-assemble it, re-install it, and have success with its final outcome. This way if there is ever an issue with the transmission, you can diagnose it, fix it, and not have anyone to blame for something. I am not trying to hijack this thread by any means, nor am I trying to obtain anyone's business, I just had a feeling when I saw the initial post, there would be people who commented with their dissatisfaction with CRT, and likely other transmission builders. I have no dealings with CRT to comment negatively or positively. I just simply want others to know, if your dissatisfied with transmission service you have received, there are plenty of options out there.

It is sad to read about stories such as yours when it comes to dealings with some businesses in the Mopar world. My business partner and I build transmissions on the side, which we thoroughly enjoy. I try to throw that out there every now and again to let all of us Mopar enthusiasts know there are other transmission builders out there other than just the "Big name" builders, such as A&A, CRT, Andrew Racing Trans, Pro trans, etc. We have continued to add to our stock of A&A parts so that when we get a customer who needs their transmission built quickly, our goal is to turn it around for them as quickly as possible without having to wait for parts to show up. I know some people need their stuff done in a hurry and can't wait for the extended lead times that a lot of full-time shops currently have due to what the pandemic has done to this country. I urge everyone I have built a transmission for to educate themselves (such as I did) on how to take a transmission core apart, inspect it, clean it, re-assemble it, re-install it, and have success with its final outcome. This way if there is ever an issue with the transmission, you can diagnose it, fix it, and not have anyone to blame for something. I am not trying to hijack this thread by any means, nor am I trying to obtain anyone's business, I just had a feeling when I saw the initial post, there would be people who commented with their dissatisfaction with CRT, and likely other transmission builders. I have no dealings with CRT to comment negatively or positively. I just simply want others to know, if your dissatisfied with transmission service you have received, there are plenty of options out there.

I'm going through that now, got Tom Hand's book about a year ago and have been studying various sections in my free time (usually before bed lol). A couple years ago I didn't know jack about auto transmissions, now I'd be pretty comfortable rebuilding my own TF. Between that excellent book and all of the videos on YouTube now it's easier than ever to learn how to do your own transmission work.

Absolutely. That book is awesome and if you follow it, there’s no doubt you’ll be successful in building your own transmission. I was lucky to have my close friend show me how simple the 727 was at first, then continued on from there. If you run into something that a book doesn’t explain, you can always pick up the phone and call someone whether it be CRT, A&A, Andrew racing trans, local trans shop, etc.

Not that I have any dealings with CRT and have anything good or bad to say but I have heard about some valve bodies having issues and burning up a transmission. I forget the issue but I believe it’s been addressed and haven’t heard of any issues since. I planned to buy one of his 2nd gear launch trans brake valve bodies this winter if my engine didn’t break. So it’ll have to wait for another winter.
I have the CRT 55x1&2CN I believe. It's a 1st or 2nd launch transbrake with clean neutral. No complaints here. Shifts great. I love it.

-
Back