copper or platinum plug on EFI?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Whats benefit of platinum. 2X the life? My SC400 says change plugs (double platinum @ $11/pc) every 60K miles and its been that. Getting some sooty bumper on this. Single platinums are $4, Coppers are $3. changing plugs on this car is a chore: 5 engine covers, and the entire intake tract to the TB. Probably 45 minutes if no brittle vacuum lines break in the process.

The benefit of Plat & Irid is they [a] require last longer require less firing voltage.
Both of these will reduce emissions/misfire, so that is why the extra expense for the car companies is worth it.
'Course the climate change idiots will tell you it will reduce the temp of the planet by 5*.....
I would get the Irid plugs & open up the gap to 0.060". Common sense tells you that the bigger the gap [ without a misfire ] has got a greater chance of providing complete combustion, which aids power & economy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The benefit of Plat & Irid is they [a] require last longer require less firing voltage.
Both of these will reduce emissions/misfire, so that is why the extra expense for the car companies is worth it.
'Course the climate change idiots will tell you it will reduce the temp of the planet by 5*.....
I would get the Irid plugs & open up the gap to 0.060". Common sense tells you that the bigger the gap [ without a misfire ] has got a greater chance of providing complete combustion, which aids power & economy.
I said that about opening up the gap and was told that I was wrong. But from all the research that I've done backs up what you just said.

-
Back