Core support to K member support brace

-

AlaskaJeff

Reaction score
My 70 Duster is missing this brace. It seems they get removed for whatever reason and often never replaced. Is it essential to have one? If so, where can I get one?
52b90a?rik=GXsZ6rG5OZ%2fQQg&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.autometaldirect.com%2fimages%2f6%2f352-1466_800.jpg

Looks like a flattened U channel. The one on my 65 is pretty flimsy.

I have several in various conditions. I don't know the exact applications for them except that most if not ALL were from 67-76 A body cars.
It adds stiffness to the lower core support. If the factory thought it wasn't necessary, they wouldn't have installed them.

I have several in various conditions. I don't know the exact applications for them except that most if not ALL were from 67-76 A body cars.
It adds stiffness to the lower core support. If the factory thought it wasn't necessary, they wouldn't have installed them.
Would you be willing to let one go? Mounting hardware, just nuts & bolts? It doesn't have to be perfect, I can always clean it up and repaint it.

Sure. I would need an approximate length to go by. I think the ones I have vary in size.

Use tape measure. Measure center to center on the 2 holes. That's your dimension. Were there because lower radiator support is weak. This was to help prevent the support from slamming back into the radiator and breaking it open in a minor impact, or if directly hit.

Use tape measure. Measure center to center on the 2 holes. That's your dimension. Were there because lower radiator support is weak. This was to help prevent the support from slamming back into the radiator and breaking it open in a minor impact, or if directly hit.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Make one out of some 14 gage steel U channel. You never know, you may have a hidden fabrication talent.

-
Back