Correct 72 Duster 340 Headliner?

-

dusterracer

Reaction score
I have a 72 Duster 340 that I bought new in late (Aug) 72. I'm replacing the headliner, and ordered one from YearOne. The new headliner looks good, but my original headliner has a 'leather grain" pattern, and the new one has a vinyl "cloth" looking pattern.
I can't find anyone that offers the "leather grain" pattern. I was wondering if, since it was one of the last 72's built, if the 73's and later had a leather grain pattern? Anybody have any ideas.
I guess I'm just p---ing in the wind, unless someone knows of a source for the correct material. Dusterracer

You might try a decent upholstery shop to look over samples of material. If you find what you want, return what you have and buy the plain board and have your local shop cover it.
Or, try SMS auto fabrics in Oregon.
C

yea, i bought the same headliner. the reproduction ones have a different type of fabric on them. to as the original seems to have been a spray on stuff, right to the cardboadr. the orig was not a fabric like the new ones

just today, i took a 7 hr road trip with my twister, to go pick up an original black one out of a arts car. they are hard to find in good driver shape. most are destroyed by leaking glass seals

-
Back