Correct ballast resistor for 70 Dart wiper motor ??

-
by correct are you talking Ohms(resistance) or appearance? I have always thought it was the same one as the ignition as far as resistance but I may be incorrect on that

by correct are you talking Ohms(resistance) or appearance? I have always thought it was the same one as the ignition as far as resistance but I may be incorrect on that
Ohms, Apparently there is a difference the ones i just found are $200 on fleabay. Can someone shed some light
on this. Right now at that price im considering a 12v 10 amp potentiometer.
Update, just founds posts on the same, im going to use a potentiometer and hook it to high speed terminal, it appears that the resistor is for low speed operation. This works better for me as i am doing custom wiring for my car.

Last edited:
I have an ign resister on my '69 for the wipers. I do not drive the car in the rain, but the wipers work. Maybe it would fail down the road if it's the wrong resistor, guess I will never know.

Layson's
Part# TM22261
$19
Only source I have ever found. Bought an extra when they came out after shelling out $60 for an original...

I checked with Layson's and they are currently out of them and don't know when they will be restocked (supply chain issues).

-
Back