Correct master cylinder color???

-

swinger340

Reaction score
Bought new master for my car. Before installing it I want to paint it to keep it from rusting. What is a good rattle can paint and the correct color to use? Thanks for any input

Stock they're just bare cast iron, which is why they're always rusty.

There is a paint from Eastwood that mimics the bare cast iron look, which would be the only way I can see painting it and still having it look stock.

The problem would be that unless you go with silicon brake fluid, any spilled brake fluid will take the paint right off the master cylinder.

RPM it. You can buy it from ECS Automotive. It's a paste. To apply it, you heat the part to 120 degrees and brush on the RPM. It will melt onto the part and keep the bare metal looking new. Once it's dry, you can't tell it's been applied. I used it on a bunch of my Challenger parts including the master cylinder. It still looks brand new with no rust.

RPM it. You can buy it from ECS Automotive. It's a paste. To apply it, you heat the part to 120 degrees and brush on the RPM. It will melt onto the part and keep the bare metal looking new. Once it's dry, you can't tell it's been applied. I used it on a bunch of my Challenger parts including the master cylinder. It still looks brand new with no rust.
Where you find this stuff? That is the look I'm going for

It's called RPM. You can find it at ECS Automotive. One jar will coat all the bare metal parts on the car.

On 1970 E-bodies the master and brake booster were assembled as a unit and then sprayed black. 71-74(except hemi) were bare metal. A-bodies are a different animal. Don't know if they were sprayed black or not.

ECS is the manufacture. You can buy it from other venders as well.

-
Back