Correct Master Cylinder

-

oldjunk

Reaction score
Looking to replace my master cylinder. A little confused on which one to get. Was going to order one from Classic Industries, but they don't list a stock mc for 10" brakes for '72 (just 73 and up). My car still has the original 4 wheel drum set up. Manual front and rear 10" brakes sbp with no booster. The car is a '72 340 duster w/manual trans. Anyone know what the original part # would have been? What have you guys had better luck with? New or reman? Any aftermarket part numbers would be great. Thanks guys.

Looking to replace my master cylinder. A little confused on which one to get. Was going to order one from Classic Industries, but they don't list a stock mc for 10" brakes for '72 (just 73 and up). My car still has the original 4 wheel drum set up. Manual front and rear 10" brakes sbp with no booster. The car is a '72 340 duster w/manual trans. Anyone know what the original part # would have been? What have you guys had better luck with? New or reman? Any aftermarket part numbers would be great. Thanks guys.

Hands down the Doctor Diff. Aluminum master cylinder kit is your best choice. Brand new parts, easy install, with no tubing mods. I chose the 15/16" bore for max. line pressure with no booster, which increases pedal stroke a bit. Need to choose the 4 hole adapter for your '72 A body.

Check it out: Mopar Aluminum Master Cylinder Kit

Got 2 different incorrect units from big box auto supplies before I settled on Dr.Diff.

Hands down the Doctor Diff. Aluminum master cylinder kit is your best choice. Brand new parts, easy install, with no tubing mods. I chose the 15/16" bore for max. line pressure with no booster, which increases pedal stroke a bit. Need to choose the 4 hole adapter for your '72 A body.

Check it out: Mopar Aluminum Master Cylinder Kit

Got 2 different incorrect units from big box auto supplies before I settled on Dr.Diff.

Thanks for the heads up on these. Looks like a very nice unit. Definitely something I'll consider.

1969 barracuda 10 drums front/rear non power
my 2 cents I tried 8 mail order venders including rockauto they show the correct photo and ship the wrong item !!!!
the only place where i got the correct cardone 1326(M) m/c was SUMMIT racing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

card.jpg

1969 barracuda 10 drums front/rear non power
my 2 cents I tried 8 mail order venders including rockauto they show the correct photo and ship the wrong item !!!!
the only place where i got the correct cardone 1326(M) m/c was SUMMIT racing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 1714978804
Is it supposed to have the bail style cap or the bolt on cap? My 70 Swinger had a leaky bail type. (Bendix I think) The more I looked the more examples of the bolt on cap but no one had one with the correct cap. I got a repro cap and drilled the screw hole out to make it work.

008 (2).jpg

MC36221.JPG

035 (4).jpg

-
Back