Correct Ohm Range for Fuel Guage??

-

Thanatos340

Reaction score
I am installing a full set of aftermarket Gauges (Speedhut) in my 73 Duster. Everything is working great (much to my surprise, Amazingly simple so far). The only thing I need is to program/calibrate the Fuel Guage. What is the correct Ohm Range for stock Mopar Fuel sending unit?

My choices when Setting the new gauge are:
240 -33 ohms
70-10 ohms
0 - 30 Ohms
0 - 90 ohms
10 - 180 ohms
90 -0 ohms
16 - 158 ohms

Thanks.

I am installing a full set of aftermarket Gauges (Speedhut) in my 73 Duster. Everything is working great (much to my surprise, Amazingly simple so far). The only thing I need is to program/calibrate the Fuel Guage. What is the correct Ohm Range for stock Mopar Fuel sending unit?

My choices when Setting the new gauge are:
240 -33 ohms
70-10 ohms
0 - 30 Ohms
0 - 90 ohms
10 - 180 ohms
90 -0 ohms
16 - 158 ohms

Thanks.

You didn't state which end of those ranges are full or empty. Some are backwards. The traditional Mopar resistance is EMPTY 73--75, HALF SCALE -- 23-25, and FULL 10-13 or so

A link to the gauge / sender part no or destructions would be helpful.

You didn't state which end of those ranges are full or empty. Some are backwards. The traditional Mopar resistance is EMPTY 73--75, HALF SCALE -- 23-25, and FULL 10-13 or so

A link to the gauge / sender part no or destructions would be helpful.

right :thumblef:

Thank you guys so much. Here are the instructions. Yes, it is "Empty" - "Full" of the settings.

Sounds like I should be using the 70-10 setting.

Attachments

• fuel.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,162
And after all of that be ready for it to actually need the 0-90 setting :-D
That's what happened to me.
I bought a 70-10 guage and it didn't read right until I replaced the sender, but the factory guage read just fine.

In my own oppinion the best way to determine what guage you should get is to measure the ohm readings of the sender.

Out of the two you listed above, the last one is the closest to what you need, and then still you might end up having to get a sender that matches it.

ok so which sending unit...i think i might of forgot something...i ordered a sending unit of 240/33 to match the gauge but on my demon do i not need the fuel line built into the sender as well????

Say what?

Your factory gauge is NOT 240/ 33

The line IS built into the sender

I ended up using the manual fuel gauge setting for my Speedhut gauges. It was more accurate than the 70-10 setting.

I did the same thing on my 73 duster. I left the factory sending unit in the tank and bought the 70-10 gauge. It works good and it is pretty accurate on my car. You shouldn't need to change the sending unit unless it is bad and sending a false reading.

-
Back