Correct PS pump (early Saginaw) - 71 Demon 340

-

ricomondo

Reaction score
Car currently has a Saginaw PS unit - having trouble finding the correct PS hose part #.

I found some info that some A bodies use Mopar 3420193 - same as TA/AAR?

But I'm assuming that is for the Federal pump as that is what's on the E body AAR/TA.

Anyone know what is correct or what will work?

Thanks

Does the pump have a key slotted shaft or threaded hole shaft.

Does the pump have a key slotted shaft or threaded hole shaft.
I'm unsure at the moment I know its an early Saginaw style pump -looks to be threaded?

IMG_8712.jpeg

I have the same Saginaw pump on my 67 model 273. Back when I needed a new HP hose, The guy at Carquest store said, "The hose I get for you wont look like OEM but will work. The OEM hose was a special to make a pump typically found on GM products make up to a Chrysler steering gear. The aftermarket chose to add a coupling mid stream where the hose changed sizes. I strapped that coupling to corner of battery tray and carried on. It has worked just fine for many years. I don't know if aftermarket makes this hose exactly like OEM today but if they do, It wont be cheap. But then nothing is cheap today.
P.S. While any Saginaw cap will fit, that cap you have with the 2 ears on it is the rarest piece of it.

I have the same Saginaw pump on my 67 model 273. Back when I needed a new HP hose, The guy at Carquest store said, "The hose I get for you wont look like OEM but will work. The OEM hose was a special to make a pump typically found on GM products make up to a Chrysler steering gear. The aftermarket chose to add a coupling mid stream where the hose changed sizes. I strapped that coupling to corner of battery tray and carried on. It has worked just fine for many years. I don't know if aftermarket makes this hose exactly like OEM today but if they do, It wont be cheap. But then nothing is cheap today.
P.S. While any Saginaw cap will fit, that cap you have with the 2 ears on it is the rarest piece of it.
Thank you! I decided to scrap the Saginaw and get a Federal. Just need to find that hose now.

Thank you! I decided to scrap the Saginaw and get a Federal. Just need to find that hose now.
Don't scrap it. It is the easiest pump of all to rebuild. Ample "how to" videos on Youtube.
I would pay the postage for it @ 29642

Don't scrap it. It is the easiest pump of all to rebuild. Ample "how to" videos on Youtube.
I would pay the postage for it @ 29642
Bad choice of words on my part, I'm not throwing it away; I just had it recently rebuilt. I changed to a Federal.

-
Back