Correct Radiator #?

-

SSSN8KE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 1970 Duster 340 automatic with factory A/C. I’m looking for the correct radiator number. I’ve found 2998978 and 2998945 are one of these numbers correct?

Thank you for your help.

Here's how you find out any part number.
Go to mymopar and download the 1970 Parts Book.

In the parts book, go to the illustration section of the parts group, in this case Cooling.
upload_2021-12-24_11-14-52.png

Find the reference number and name of the part we're looking for.
In this case it looks like they are calling the whole radiator 'Core' 7-11-3
Now we go to the text page to find the part number for our specific model and options
upload_2021-12-24_11-19-39.png

V,L = Valiant, Dart
The part number was 2998 945 with A/C or 2998 974 without A/C.

Here's how you find out any part number.
Go to mymopar and download the 1970 Parts Book.

In the parts book, go to the illustration section of the parts group, in this case Cooling.
View attachment 1715841609

Find the reference number and name of the part we're looking for.
In this case it looks like they are calling the whole radiator 'Core' 7-11-3
Now we go to the text page to find the part number for our specific model and options
View attachment 1715841612

V,L = Valiant, Dart
The part number was 2998 945 with A/C or 2998 974 without A/C.

i thank you for taking the time to explain that to me, much appreciated!

Did you drop down to far? That radiator is B and E body only. ;-)
Thanks. Yup should be 978
I’ve tried several times to download the parts manual and it doesn’t download? (nothing happens) I’ll keep trying.
Assuming you are on this page Parts Manuals – MyMopar
Roll over the link for 1970-71 and it should show that its a zip file.
Depending on you're web browser, what usually happens when you click on the link is a download box opens and asks whether you want to open it or save it. If save it, then where. As a zip file, the browser probably can't open it directly.
Download and go to where ever you've saved it. Then open the folder and double click, open or 'run' the zip file. Then you'll ge the pdf which can be opened with acrobat pdf reader or eqivalent. (If your computer doesn't know how to open the zip file, it will ask you what program to use.)

Thanks. Yup should be 978

Assuming you are on this page Parts Manuals – MyMopar
Roll over the link for 1970-71 and it should show that its a zip file.
Depending on you're web browser, what usually happens when you click on the link is a download box opens and asks whether you want to open it or save it. If save it, then where. As a zip file, the browser probably can't open it directly.
Download and go to where ever you've saved it. Then open the folder and double click, open or 'run' the zip file. Then you'll ge the pdf which can be opened with acrobat pdf reader or eqivalent. (If your computer doesn't know how to open the zip file, it will ask you what program to use.)

Yes I was on that page. But I don’t get that far to tell it where to save to. All it does is the link I click just highlights for a second and that’s it. No other box opens asking me where to save it too. Very strange. I’m thinking it’s because I’m trying to save it on my iPad. I don’t have my home computer right now. It doesn’t work on my iPhone either.

Yes I was on that page. But I don’t get that far to tell it where to save to. All it does is the link I click just highlights for a second and that’s it. No other box opens asking me where to save it too. Very strange. I’m thinking it’s because I’m trying to save it on my iPad. I don’t have my home computer right now. It doesn’t work on my iPhone either.
H'm maybe. I just tried and there's connection issue with the server so it may not be ipad related related.

Might be able to e-mail you the file - not sure - some email doesnt like file attach,mentss that big.

H'm maybe. I just tried and there's connection issue with the server so it may not be ipad related related.

Might be able to e-mail you the file - not sure - some email doesnt like file attach,mentss that big.

That would be awesome if you want to try and send me the file. Is “start a conversation” on your file a pm?

If you found any matching broadcast sheets in the car, what two numbers are under RAD in line 3 of the broadcast sheet?

You may find as many as five if the car has not been searched yet?

Places to look;

Taped to the back side / top of the glove box insert.
Under the front bucket seats in the springs
Inside the bucket seat backs
Under the rear seat bottom
In the rear seat back.
Under the package tray (speaker shelf)
Under the carpet

It is also possible to find one or two from a different car due to how the upholstery trim shops were run. So if you find any with different VINs on them, please report them?

You may find as many as five if the car has not been searched yet?

Places to look;

Taped to the back side / top of the glove box insert.
Under the front bucket seats in the springs
Inside the bucket seat backs
Under the rear seat bottom
In the rear seat back.
Under the package tray (speaker shelf)
Under the carpet

It is also possible to find one or two from a different car due to how the upholstery trim shops were run. So if you find any with different VINs on them, please report them?

Thank you for that excellent info. Yes if I find any with different VINS I will let you know!

Mattax is correct for the radiator #'s
945 w ac
978 non ac

I have an A/C one here 2998945 IIRC.

-
Back