Corroded filler neck

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
My car has sat for 10 years, and is receiving a new fuel system to handle a big block (all stock replacement stuff)

How can I clean the corrosion out of the filler neck so I can use it wit my new fuel system?

Its galvinized. Its not supposed to rust. but since it did, I would be looking for a replacement.Theres no good/easy way to clean it, and it will do it again. Since it would have to come out to be properly cleaned anyway, I would just replace it.
I would also be looking inside the tank.It may be in the same condition.

I have a new tank, hence want to clean up the filler tube , I'll look it over tonight other wise look for one at mopars in the park here this weekend

If you end up getting a different one and plan on tossing that one let me know I've got a use for part of it.

I still have the bad one and don't need it.. pay shipping it's yours.. I picked up a clean one from a friend shortly after posting this..

All I need is the very end, you can cut it somewhere around where my hand is and stick it in the smallest flat rate box/envelope. Let me know where to send the money

image.jpg

image.jpg

Actually if you wanna see what shipping would be on the whole thing, if it ain't much more I'll take the whole thing, you can even cut it in half or thirds to get it in a smaller box if necessary. Could you send me a pic or 2 of it?

-
Back