Corvette six pack mechanical carb set up on a Chrysler six pack intake...anybody done it?

-
The 1850/4160 has a driver's side fuel inlet, otherwise it'd be fairly easy to mimic the factory look. The only transfer-tube carbs that come to mind with a passenger-side inlet are the 4165/4175 spread-bores (Q-Jet replacement, bowl #134-110). Their inlet is on the center of the bowl, but it faces the passenger side to use an existing Rochester fuel line. It's even deeper than a center-hung bowl, though.

One other consideration when using an 1850-style bowl is that not all of them use an adjustable needle & seat. Make sure the one you're getting does! This is a mistake I could see myself making--concentrating so hard on the inlet that I completely miss the fixed needle/seat assembly. The 134-101 (dichromate) and 134-101S (shiny) both appear to have it if you're buying new.

I addressed doing something similar in posts 39 and 44. I'd prefer to find something a little less obvious than a big brass plug hanging out, though. I was thinking along the lines of threading for a socket-head set screw, then epoxying it in place permanently.

Another option--involving more work--would be to use 1850/4160 secondary bowls on all three. In addition to blocking the transfer tube provision, you'd need to modify for an external inlet. The 134-105/105S already uses an adjustable needle/seat per Holley. This option would provide for passenger-side fuel inlets. There's already a lot happening on the driver's side, so getting the fuel lines out of the way wouldn't hurt. I think it would also look better, but that's a subjective thing. The passenger side of the DC setup has a lot of empty space while the opposite side is rather busy.
How would you modify for a fuel inlet?

Anyone come up wth a low cost Air filter / housing setup?

Wow, 3 500cfms. Now you got me thinking, FB.
Still got your Cuda?

It ran very good , way better than it should have , sure pissed off the trans am boys at the time ....think 2 of the carbs were holleys , " maybe all of the m ???

yeah , still got it , runs like a bear till I hit a bump , then shuts completely off , like I turned the key off , will restart itself if going fast enough , but always will start if i stop and restart it , got to playing with a polaris rs1 and havent got my old *** back to the barracuda , maybe find the short this summer ...

Last edited:
It ran very good , way better than it should have , sure pissed off the trans am boys at the time ....think 2 of the carbs were holleys , " maybe all of the m ???

yeah , still got it , runs like a bear till I hit a bump , then shuts completely off , like I turned the key off , will restart itself if going fast enough , but always will start if i stop and restart it , got to playing with a polaris rs1 and havent got my old *** back to the barracuda , maybe find the short this summer ...
Take it to a good Auto electrical shop, Bob.
They will point the way to how it happened and my find any future potential problems. Worth it.
I had an MSD wired exactly to the diagram but wouldn't run correctly.
Local Auto electric shop showed me the problem and found some other Gremlins.
The car was lethal after that.
Sometimes you gotta put your ego aside.
Especially in your case when your head is SO BIG you can't even walk in the door. :rofl::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::):rofl::lol::lol::thumbsup:

Take it to a good Auto electrical shop, Bob.
They will point the way to how it happened and my find any future potential problems. Worth it.
I had an MSD wired exactly to the diagram but wouldn't run correctly.
Local Auto electric shop showed me the problem and found some other Gremlins.
The car was lethal after that.
Sometimes you gotta put your ego aside.
Especially in your case when your head is SO BIG you can't even walk in the door. :rofl::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::):rofl::lol::lol::thumbsup:

sounds good, but i doubt if there even is one around here now ...

runs too strong to be any thing but a short , only does it when I hit a bump .
I get a wild hare and mess with it when I`m bored , have eliminated about 20 things < lol , down to the trunk mounted battery cable "inside the frame rails and frame ties now???
Have even warmed it up on jack stands and beat on everything I can get to , --no help .
Only thing I can think of that moves is the battery cable and the 02 sensor wiring waiting on warm weather and another wild hair !! LOL

Last edited:
-
Back