Cost of rebuilt a833?

-

Clayton haske

Reaction score
Looking to convert my auto duster to a 4 speed. Gathering parts, and would like to know a good average price for 4 speed transmissions. Not looking to go to a OD unit, want to stick to the normal 2.66 first gear set. Just looking for prices on good used units, vs rebuilt, basically new units. Thanks for your time, and opinions.

Brewer Performance has rebuilds. I have bought 833's for as cheap as $20. They usually go for a few hundred $ for a used one of unknown condition. They were usually taken out because of an issue.

I'm with Mike. Unknown condition usually $400 or so. Getting mine and then having it rebuilt was a little over a grand total.

I bought mine off of Craigslist ($300) and then invested in the Passon transmission rebuild book. Best money I ever spent!!! I ended up rebuilding my transmission and it's been running great for 1000 miles. Even if you don't rebuild your transmission yourself, invest in Passon's book so you have a general idea of what is going on in your transmission.

I'm with Mike. Unknown condition usually $400 or so. Getting mine and then having it rebuilt was a little over a grand total.
A grand is what I was have been seeing for a few rebuilt units. Which isn't bad actually, for as old as it is, and what we'll be putting it in. Thanks again for your time, it's much appreciated.

I rebuild lot's of them and actually just sold one on here last week. I think a fair price for what I consider a core is $250-350. I won't even think about buying a used one without popping the side cover off.

Jeff

I rebuild lot's of them and actually just sold one on here last week. I think a fair price for what I consider a core is $250-350. I won't even think about buying a used one without popping the side cover off.

Jeff
I shoulda jumped on the one you had for sale. Dustin

I shoulda jumped on the one you had for sale. Dustin
That is why I bought it, I have 3 decent 833's, which are probably fine. 2 are iron 833od's. was going to have the standard 833 rebuild, but I figured it would be simpler to buy the rebuilt one and sell the others. I have about 500 in each of the others. I need to get an adapter ring for the standard to replace the od I have in the car now.

-
Back