Cost to prostreet....approx?

-
why, idk, but i had a dream lastnight that i modded my car and it ended up with some big x huge tires under it but it still sat completely level, lowered some. and the motor was a LOT more potent than it actually is.. in my dream my car looked good because it looks so long, but its still a four door...
i didnt sleep much because my girlfriend's puppy woke up at 6 am and wouldnt go back to sleep for more than like, 45 minutes at a time, then whine really loud for about half hour. im taking care of it until thursday while she is out of town.
so i dont know if my dream woulda been better or not.

suicide doors... on the back?
suicide doors are funny lookin.. but i was going over how i could make the hinges. if i keep the car to customize instead of buying a two door, im gonna suicide the back doors and switch the door handles (left rear to right rear and vice versa) and put them at the front of the door.
but i may end up using this for a parts car since it has so many useable parts :)

..another thread hijacked :wink:

To the question "How's it drive on the street?", well, personnally I think it can be a handfull. You have to take into account that there is no longer any rubber in the rear suspension, so now you feel AND hear every bump in the road. Having a spool doesn't make for good cornering, however, big tires do smooth the chatter clear out of it when you do have to make a turn. My car has pizza cutters on the front and it still turns fine - the back tires don't push the front ones when you turn into the driveway, and it still stops fine. Would I do it again? Only if I was building a drag only car. A spring relocate w/ladders will get a pretty good sized tire under the car and also gives the crowd something to oogle at the kwik shop. We put that set-up under my brother's '69 Dart and managed to squeeze a 29x11.50x15 UNDER the car, without cutting the rearend. His car kind of sneaks up on you... Your really don't notice the meat under it until you get behind it - probably has something to do with the wheels we had to use to keep from narrowing the rear. If I can figure out how to post a picture I'll get one on for you. I'll probably have to get one of the kids to show me how..

I dont know how to post a pic here either. Like to show all how my mini is done. I thought of it in 90-91. Split the well in the trunk, tossed the inside and built new ones.

I thought pro street refered to the time it runs. Pro time-street driven?

-
Back