Could someone post a pic of hard fuel line routing?

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
My Duster had a mickey mouse line run, which is now gone. I need an idea of where to route the hard line from near the tank to near the pump.

I have run lines in the past, but the Duster has some strange orientations of subframe and areas to run the line...or i am an idiot...or a combo...

Any pics would be appreciated thanks!

I have some from a 69 Dart if you think that will help. Not sure how that would translate to a Duster though. Let me know if you want them and I'll dig them out.

Not sure what year or engine your Duster is.
Snapped a few quick pics from the ground of my 69 Dart big block.
(I can't get it outside or up on a lift right now, but can move it for more pics if halfafish can't).
1) Feeds from hard line to mechanical fuel pump right side.
20220830_104045.jpg

2) Can't get to right side under engine right now.
3) Runs along right side frame.
20220830_103237.jpg

4) Turns up into tank area just in front of rear housing bushing on top of frame. 2 pics.
20220830_103457.jpg
20220830_102923.jpg

5) Pic of turn taken from ground looking up.
20220830_102822.jpg

20220830_102923.jpg

20220830_102822.jpg

That is exactly what i needed! Thank you
Please be sure to enclude what year what modifications in future posts.

You know what you are working on but we don't.

Last edited:
The thumbnail picture of your car looks good. Post a few more pics, please.

Latest pic, its dirty and my garage is a mess

View attachment 1715978323

Oh Lordy, dude. You have no idea what a mess is. Your shop is a pristine operating theater compared to mine. I have to slither sideways all over to access areas of the shop. If I put on five more pounds I won't fit at all. I should go get you some photos but I'm not sure I can do so and survive.

Here is what I have on the fuel line. It's a 69 Dart, 340. I got the lines from In Line Tube. Between what I have and what @Joey4speed posted, you should have a good idea how to route your line. I did fab up another smaller line for vapor return. I did that one by hand, copying the In Line bends more-or-less, to get it back to the tank.

Here is a shot of the tank area.

20200813_221931.jpg

From there it goes to the passenger side, where it makes a square bend around the rear frame rail. It then follows the inner seam of the rocker.

100_2303.JPG

It goes forward to where the front seats are bolted up (you can see my seat studs) and goes inboard about a foot where it wiggles up to the t-bar crossmember. It goes through there, and then up to the fuel pump.

DSCN0571.JPG

Hopefully this helps on your Duster.

-
Back