Couldn't afford the Challenger so...

-
I love it. I'd rather have that Stang than most of the new Challengers, though I like the Challengers too. Especially considering the price difference, I think you did the right thing.

Confession is good for the soul...

I like the Mustang best of the three late model Pony cars, too.

I violated a '93 5.0 back in the day and it held up well. I'll always be a Mopar loyalist but even I caught myself glancing at a damn Scion the other day.

It's like women...it's okay to admire others, and it's OK to even flirt once in awhile, but you gotta do what it takes to stay with your true love.

I agree, I am a fan also. The OP has a 4.6l, which is a great engine. A good friend in SD has an older Mustang Cobra with a supercharged 4.6...and it is a Monster.

From a service department perspective, how is the new 5.0 Coyote engine? From what I have read, that engine is dramatically overbuilt...in anticipation of boost scenarios. Do you see many of these new 5.0's in Service with Engine problems?

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

I haven't seen and of the 5.0s in for anything but regular service and minor warranty issues.

I have seen plenty of PowerStrokes in for head gaskets or new engines.

Don't get your pantys in a bunch this is my daily driver my 69 Dart GTS is my muscle car with 500HP 402 stroker motor with lots of suspension mods done to it.

here are my last 2...I had no complaints with either
IMG_6491.jpg

meetpic4-1.jpg

When I owned my 04 GT I was at the local discount tire and noticed an 05-09 body style stang getting some Nitto Drag Radials with much life left taken off of her. Asked the technician what was gonna be done with the tires and he pointed me in the direction of the owner.

Turns out the owner was an older gentleman...around 50 or so...and his car was an 06 GT w/stick and had a Kenne Bell 2.8L Mammoth kit on it!! Said it would run 11.30's with just that bolt-on....and that was at our elevation!! He was taking the d/r's off to make a trip to Cali in it. lol
Took me for a ride in it and man...was I ever so jealous. He would floor it in 3rd and just blow the tires out....and yes those were the new tires he just put on! LOL

Challenger is nice, but who does not like the Retro Mustang look...??

I have to agree here too. As much as I want to like the new Challenger...

The Mustang is just a lighter, more powerful car with better mileage...and the kicker is that it has more headroom, and I fit better.

I'll take the grey silver one...that one is coool. I really like my wifes 99 CrownVic HPP it's been a great car. I woujld consider a newer Mustang and keep the Vic for a road car. But if you want a big body car with a V8 look at some of the Sport Crown Vics that they made up until 2007. Pretty nice rides, with console and bucket seats.

I like it, the stang is closer to it's retro roots, the chally is a bloated whale. They had the right idea but let it get away from them, it needs to be sectioned and put on a diet.

I tried to look at the new Challengers, but the dealer wouldn't talk to me...

That's exactly what happened with a guy here at work. He owns a really nice '70 Challenger and wanted a new one for the daily driver. Dealership wouldn't negotiate the price at all so he went to the Ford dealership and they were willing wheel and deal a new Mustang so he got one. He really likes it and claims to get mid to low 20's MPG driving in town! That's feathering the throttle of course.

Update, just got the front and rear adjustable ford racing sway bars set up. I also got the shock tower brace. Man with the full ford racing suspension package it is stiff and handles great. I just took it over the mountain twistys its a big difference.

I work for ford but like my Mopars best

I have a 07 mustang convertible for my daily driver

It is the 4.0 with auto, gets 21-22 in city with AC on and up to 27 on highway

It does what I bought it for. Handles well, quite for a convertible and likes good

I would like to have bought a Challenger, but working for Ford it was best for my daily driver to be a ford.

View attachment image.jpg

I have made it into a tribute to the 69-70 Mach 1

I would like to have bought a Challenger, but working for Ford it was best for my daily driver to be a ford.

Don't even feel bad for a second, it's a beautiful car, every bit as good as any new Challenger. I think I might take a new Stang over a new Challenger, it would sure be a tough call at least.

I own one too. A vista blue 2007 GT deluxe with leather and a stick. Nice car bought mine new . To date only has 8,125 on the clock. She stays in the garage and under a cover. I have a battery maintainer hooked up, and i go for drives every so often.

I have a cold air intake , and flowmaster axle back pipes. Also shortened the shifter throw, and installed polyurethane bushings in the shifter arm to get rid of the wet Noodle feeling shifter. Good luck with it man, these are really nice and well built cars. Put mine up for sale here on fabo awhile back, no takers, but lots of folks saying i would be sorry the moment its gone, so i toughed it out with the money issues and kept it. Im glad i did. The challys are super nice, id love one of these but cost prohibitive. Id want a heritage R/T 6 speed pistol grip manual. Anybody got 38K they could lend me lok.

Matt

I work for ford but like my Mopars best

I have a 07 mustang convertible for my daily driver

It is the 4.0 with auto, gets 21-22 in city with AC on and up to 27 on highway

It does what I bought it for. Handles well, quite for a convertible and likes good

View attachment 1714668141

I have made it into a tribute to the 69-70 Mach 1

Nice car. How is the 6 cylinder?

-
Back