couldn't help it... bought myself a b-day present...

-
Gonna part the yellow dart out next. Kept talking myself out of it. Then I started adding up what it was gonna cost to do everything. I said screw that. Especially with Jamie's spotless 70 dart sitting there. Just didn't make Sense to keep going with it. So I pulled the trigger on the stang. Would cost me twice what I paid for the mustang to get the dart close to what the mustang already is. And in the end I really wanted a convertible.

Keep in mind that the mustang is not as rare as the dart and convertibles will leak if not now eventually. Just saying..

Keep in mind that the mustang is not as rare as the dart and convertibles will leak if not now eventually. Just saying..

the mustang is a lot more rare then the dart. how many white slant six darts do you think were made? the mustang is 1 of 36 V-8 LX rag tops made that color in 1987. one year only color also i believe.

the convertible is gonna leak? they all do. and its not like the dart doesn't leak. its not like either are/were daily drivers.

the mustang doesn't need quarters, outter wheel houses or a passenger side floor either. the mustang is rust free. the dart is not. if the dart was a 340 car or a different year big block or even a rag top you may have a point. but your argument doesn't hold any water in this case.

on top of all that. fox bodies are going up in price every year. finding clean unmolested ones is getting harder and harder. think of it as the mopar hobby of the 1980's. relatively cheap buy in and plenty of reasonably priced parts.

i'm doing other dart guys a favor too. with one less around other dart owners cars become worth a little more.. :)

like i said, we have a spotless 70 dart here that will get my suspension and driveline.

Yup 71 is coming apart. The alter-k will go into Jamie's 70.
It's I a lot better shape then the yellow one.

IMG_1851-1.jpg

What size wheels are on this?

Would you want to sell the column? Is it a floorshift?
What are you runnin for an engine and tranny?

what car?

burnt orange is a slant with 904 for now..

yellow is a 360 with 904.

i'll post a for sale ad with all the available stuff when the time comes.. still a few decisions i have to make.. may go 4 speed in the burnt orange car. if i do i'll need the floor shift column..

Like it Joe ... Better chance at finding a conv FOX body in NICE condition then a coupe or GT.... BUT the color you have is definately up there with the 7up version F body verts..
I also have a 89 FOX body GT coupe ... stored since 91 ... 28000 km..
i agree if the dart was a 340 .. would definately be worth saving .. part it out .

up there with the 7up version F body verts..

love the 7up editions.. there is one for sale local that looks very clean and is priced very reasonably. only thing is it has a cobra motor and all in it.. i wanted something closer to un touched..

those coupes were always cool.. they were light and would really run..

here is the 7up car... http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3009712816.html

Not bad! At least its a Ford! I had fun with them a few times. I had a nice hatch with a 2.3 out of a Turbo Coupe. The 5 Ohs were caught off guard tehehehe! Here she is,

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 80
-
Back