couple distributor question.

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just in the middle of converting my dual point dizzy to pertroix ignition. Can remove the wire in the picture seeing I am not running points anymore. Although I might have the points for backup. And second I took my vacuum advance can off to clean it and noticed it had what seamed like gas in it.. I did flood the engine ladt time I had the car out. And how easy should the vacuum advance arm to push in by hand? And is there a way I can bench test it? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-18-13-18-19.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 130
No photo.

So far as testing advance, buy yourself one of those had vacuum pumps, get a timing light, and see what it "gives" you for advance.

handpump.jpg

looks like I need it,it's the ground strap... thanks

No need to remove that, and if you ever need points in there ag'in you'll need the ground. dual points advace plates have ball bearings, therefore a poor ground. Actually, the single points ones are marginal.

Any one know if you can just buy a new vacuum advance canister? The one I have is not original and the arm has been bent. 68 383 thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-18-15-08-55.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 103
Sorry no idea anymore. Back when we had "real" parts stores instead of these online O'Reallys teenagers with i something tablets, you could look up the distributor no. and find out.

I went to mount the ignitor plate in my Dizzy and the holes are 1/8" off. Such a small job turned into a nightmare.. going to take back the pertroix to the speed shop and order a complete electronic kit. I was hoping on the pertroix so it looks more original, but the hell with it.. thanks

Anyone running the proform ignition #66993? My speed shop says the MP ignition kit for the 383 is discontinued... thanks

Look up BWD V-341 or V-346 on Oreilly's page. These are actually for the 400 but should serve your purpose.
v346photoprimary.jpg

Well ended up ordering the proform 383 electronic ignition kit #66993. They took back my pertroix and I ended up paying a extra 100$ tax inc... but I still need to lactate a vacuum advance canister fir my original dual point dizzy if I ever want to points again.. thanks for everyone's help.

-
Back