Not open for further replies.

GTS Registry

Pure Stock
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Read the story below which is copied off the GTS Registry 1969 page:

The three GTSs that are pictured directly above are all owned by Ken W. from Wisconsin. That's right. All three. Look closely at all three GTSs linked in the story below and you can tell the minor differences between them. All three are listed in proper order above in the Registry. Ken relates the following:
In 1976 he bought his first GTS. It is the 383 automatic of the trio. He paid $300 for the car. He restored the car 10 years ago ( 1993 ) and has driven it since.
In 1978, while on his way to Green Bay, Ken spotted a gold GTS convertible. Thinking it was his, and had been stolen (!), Ken stopped to check out the GTS. It is a 340 automatic car and it was for sale. It wasn't until 6 years later that Ken noticed the 383 GTS and the 340 GTS were only ONE CAR APART from having sequencial VINs!!!!!!!! That's right, his 383 car was built, then another Dodge, and then his 340 GTS! Odd??? I would think so!!!!!! Ken has been looking for the car in between his two gold GTSs ever since!!
In 1994, Ken was at a car show and spotted a "For Sale" sign on a 1965 Satellite that listed a 1969 GTS. After calling the number, and getting directions, Ken drove to the owner's house. He discovered that the 1969 GTS for sale was ANOTHER gold convertible!!!!!! How's THAT for coincidence?!? This one is a 340 4 speed car, and it needed a lot of work. Ken paid only $100 for the third gold GTS in his set.
Recently, Ken was looking for a hardtop GTS to add to his collection and came across a clean 1968 Dart instead. It's GOLD of course!!!! Ken has performed all the resto work himself on his "GOLD mine" of GTSs and he will never part with them individually. He promises that they will all go to his daughter and grandchildren!

Recently, Ken Wohlrabe passed away. His wife and daughter need to sell two of the gold cars. They hope to sell the two sequential VIN cars as a pair-the 383 GTS and the 340 auto convertible. They want to keep one of the cars to cruise to car shows in Ken's memory.

Frank,to save a lot of unwanted emails to the family, what is the asking price? Not alot of potential buyers to keep them together, but they are out there. I am one of them.

I knew Kenny personally,good guy and loved cars and will be missed.I've seen the darts and someone will be pretty happy.

They are both convertibles, and the family will probably be looking for around $65,000 for the pair. $35,000 for the 383 (1 of 39) car and $30,000 for the 340 convertible.

I am the one who is looking to sell my dads cars. We are asking 45,000n for the two that the vins are only one apart an 25,000 for the other. These cars mean alot to me an my family. I woyld not be selling them if my dad didnt talk about it before he passed away. I dont think I am asking to much for them. If anyone is interested my email is listed above in Franks post. Thanks Kendra

Read the story below which is copied off the GTS Registry 1969 page:

The three GTSs that are pictured directly above are all owned by Ken W. from Wisconsin. That's right. All three. Look closely at all three GTSs linked in the story below and you can tell the minor differences between them. All three are listed in proper order above in the Registry. Ken relates the following:
In 1976 he bought his first GTS. It is the 383 automatic of the trio. He paid $300 for the car. He restored the car 10 years ago ( 1993 ) and has driven it since.
In 1978, while on his way to Green Bay, Ken spotted a gold GTS convertible. Thinking it was his, and had been stolen (!), Ken stopped to check out the GTS. It is a 340 automatic car and it was for sale. It wasn't until 6 years later that Ken noticed the 383 GTS and the 340 GTS were only ONE CAR APART from having sequencial VINs!!!!!!!! That's right, his 383 car was built, then another Dodge, and then his 340 GTS! Odd??? I would think so!!!!!! Ken has been looking for the car in between his two gold GTSs ever since!!
In 1994, Ken was at a car show and spotted a "For Sale" sign on a 1965 Satellite that listed a 1969 GTS. After calling the number, and getting directions, Ken drove to the owner's house. He discovered that the 1969 GTS for sale was ANOTHER gold convertible!!!!!! How's THAT for coincidence?!? This one is a 340 4 speed car, and it needed a lot of work. Ken paid only $100 for the third gold GTS in his set.
Recently, Ken was looking for a hardtop GTS to add to his collection and came across a clean 1968 Dart instead. It's GOLD of course!!!! Ken has performed all the resto work himself on his "GOLD mine" of GTSs and he will never part with them individually. He promises that they will all go to his daughter and grandchildren!

Recently, Ken Wohlrabe passed away. His wife and daughter need to sell two of the gold cars. They hope to sell the two sequential VIN cars as a pair-the 383 GTS and the 340 auto convertible. They want to keep one of the cars to cruise to car shows in Ken's memory.

I met Ken several times at Iola old car show, nice guy, cool cars too. My buddies dad restored the 383 car many years ago. It's a cool story how he found them. Ken lived in the town I grew up in, and I remember seeing those car's and thinking how cool they were. Sorry to hear about there loss, good luck!

Thanks for what you said about my dad. It is very hard. We would like to sell either the two that have the vins one number apart or the 340 4spd car because we would like to still have a car to go to the Iola car show with. Last year we took only one of the cars an my dad said well this was the first car i took here on maybe be the last....an it was sadly :(

The cars are still for sale...we are taking offers for them. We want to keep at least one of them to still take to the car shows in memory of my dad. If anyone knows anyone or themsevles are interested please shoot me a email an i will get back to you. Thanks :)

Do Not Post email addresses or Phone Numbers in posts.
Commentary is NOT allowed in For Sale forums. Relevant questions ONLY!

Sorry, but rules are rules.

tried a few times to make arrangments to buy.....Good luck to the BUYER!

various email sent. Long waits between emails. Got some pictures, but requested more...never got them. I understand that this must be very hard for the family. I moved on.....

various email sent. Long waits between emails. Got some pictures, but requested more...never got them. I understand that this must be very hard for the family. I moved on.....

Me too.. I bought this Hemi Barracuda

Attachments

• supermarket.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,669
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back