Couple ?s

-

moparduster

Reaction score
How are the proform 1.5 roller rockers? Which electric water pump would you prefer Moroso or CSR? This is going to be a strip car seein very little street.

I run a CSR electric pump on my street strip 362ci Olds. 3 years no problems. Nice quality electric pump from my experience.

I have a set of them, I had an adjuster break, it started clattering real bad about 2 blocks from home, I drove it home, pulled the valve covers off, and put the stock ones back on. Upon further inspection, I had another one that was broken as well. I called the place I got them and they sent me out 3 adjusters and nuts free of charge. I think they said a new set of adjusters was about $10-15 or something like that. They are sitting on the shelf now. I threw them on CL for $100 but did not get any takers so, they are sitting for now. I was reading that it may have been that I had too short of pushrods and the adjusters were too far out... but, I don't know about that... sounds like a bad design if they will break....

Thing to remember is that crane had the same issue with adjusters breaking.

I say if the rockers/rollers aren't breaking then it's just the adjusters that are crap.

I bought a set of those cheap rockers on Ebay about 3 years ago, I think they are the same.

I noticed that they were not even bushed, let alone roller bearinged on the inside. I put them back on ebay immediately and spent the $$ on Harland Sharp.

The bare alluminum against the shaft, is going to gall, and end up dumping metal in your motor. The load on the rocker is right up against the oiling hole.

-
Back