Cover Art - for valves

-
Would you be offended if I stole the rivet idea for the slant in my rat truck? I think it would be a perfect kinda industrial theme which is what I sorta wanted. Since I am having to sell my Hemi, I am just gonna sling a mild slant in the truck now.

Do it, then show me how it turned out. Or buy this one. haha. I stole this idea from the nose artists of the 40s so it's not my idea technically. Go for it and run with it. I always loved unnecessary rivets.

thats the beast that I carried for the first 4 years in the Army...
you can run with it, no issues with that.... dont forget the brass and linked ammo..lol
will get those VC's sent soon..

Oh, i hadn't even thought about the brass... it'd be so cool if you could weld a length of spent casings with tips on them (so they dont shoot off in the engine bay for some reason, just draped off the side of the head with the last round welded to it so it looks like it's being fed into the VC... i'm thinking outside the box, and I dont know how to weld, so I'll stick to painting the link.

Do it, then show me how it turned out. Or buy this one. haha. I stole this idea from the nose artists of the 40s so it's not my idea technically. Go for it and run with it. I always loved unnecessary rivets.

Oh, i hadn't even thought about the brass... it'd be so cool if you could weld a length of spent casings with tips on them (so they dont shoot off in the engine bay for some reason, just draped off the side of the head with the last round welded to it so it looks like it's being fed into the VC... i'm thinking outside the box, and I dont know how to weld, so I'll stick to painting the link.

grab the tip of the round with a pair of pliers and pour all the powder out and strike the primer on the end with a punch. you can buy dummy belts off ebay relatively easily. you could also use some quick steal to seat em to the cover

grab the tip of the round with a pair of pliers and pour all the powder out and strike the primer on the end with a punch. you can buy dummy belts off ebay relatively easily. you could also use some quick steal to seat em to the cover

Thats not half bad actually. Great idea. It's his covers though so he'll have the final say-so. I think it'd be cool.

I'm pretty clever when I dont need to be lol

Acceptable intelligence I'd say. WHAT IF you wrapped an entire belt around a air cleaner with the sides cut off, and welded the bullets or stuck them to that, so the air was inlet between each round, and then had a loose section that went over to the vc and was attached on a removable clip (so you could remove the air cleaner from the car) THAT would be cool.

Finished the radio I was working on earlier.
Don't know if anyone caught it on the last page, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. I think I might buy my own airbrush. It's definitly more time consuming and would be costlier than with just a hand brush.... but may be worth it.

That was the last update. Here's the finished product. I know. I keep adding, but this time I think it was a good idea.

What you guys think?

Till I get those 340 vc's from stilliniraq, I'll be finishing my mural of a b17 flying over the golden gate on my living room wall...:glasses7::D

That is great.........and know I aint no artist at all and that's tons better than my stick girl would be. But, you got somethin creepy goin on with her hand. I caint put my finger on it......pun intended. lol

I figured it out......the hand itself is too long. Not the fingers.....just the hand.

That is great.........and know I aint no artist at all and that's tons better than my stick girl would be. But, you got somethin creepy goin on with her hand. I caint put my finger on it......pun intended. lol

I figured it out......the hand itself is too long. Not the fingers.....just the hand.

Hmmmmmm.... now you've forced it into my brain. I will look at some pictures for a while and figure out if it is too long. I see what you mean... dammit.

Sorry....but you been askin for good critique the whole time. lol

Sorry....but you been askin for good critique the whole time. lol

It's ok. I need crtiquing. I don't trust myself to fix it if it's wrong though - I'd rather pass off to my friend and go "fix it. fix it. fix it. "

I was trying to make it look more like she was grabbing her ankle. I have to rethink what it needs to look like. oh lol...

a tip on what I do and what has helped me is using my own hand as a model. helps get the perspective you want.

-
Back