Coverting AC Dart Swinger to on AC

-

KCS

Reaction score
I removed the AC compressor from my 1971 318 Swinger and I am looking for a replacement water pump pulley to accommodate the change in belt routing. I just replaced the water pump with a genuine Mopar unit. I am having trouble finding a true Dart pulley. Does anybody have any ideas about where I might find one or what other pulley(s) would also work?

You're gonna have to provide details like what engine, what year model, cast iron or aluminum water pump.

KCS,

I too have removed the A/C components from under the hood of my '71 Dart GT (Swinger body). I found (on ebay) another set (front & rear) of the compressor/alternator brackets and cut out the unused compressor portions. Mounted the alternator in its stock location on the modified brackets. Then used a shorter belt (same as my power steering belt) to run between the crank pulley and the alternator pulley. I used a single belt on the radiator side of the dual pulley. I did have to grind (with a dremel tool) a rib on the water pump for clearance. Been running this way for several years now. Search "DartGTDan" here on FABO and check out my cardomain link in the signature for more details.
Hope it helps.

-
Back