Cowl hood or Hemi scoop?

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
I'm going to need more room under my hood for the engine set up.. I know most of you will say hemi over the cowl but just remember i'm looking for a street rod set up that has huge 325 tries, shaved doors, tinted windows, etc. I don't want something that is so big that I can't see over..lol.. either way i would like it to be glass and painted one color. if you have some pics of ur set up post them up.

4adce280.jpg

I dunno, would you put a hemi scoop on a camaro??

Just me but I can't stand cowl hoods on mopars, fords or anything that is not a chevy,

I have a standard height (4") hemi scoop on my dart sport and I am a pretty short guy (5' 6") and I can see over it no problem. I would think a tall one (5"?) would be fine and provide you with lots of clearance.

Bob

here you go... this is the correct SS hemi scoop... 4"

this is as the driver sits...

Attachments

• 68 Dart (27).JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 647

Attachments

• 100_4905.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 601
  • 100_4984.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 588
  • 100_4908.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 611
I llike both hoods but the price is right on the cowl hood... I'd like to see a bloack dart with a hemi hood.

Neither...

Your fuel and air system has gotta stick up out of the hood... :glasses7:

SANY0256.jpg

Hmmm... I wonder what uses a hole that big? :D (note, the '71 Hood is going on my '74 Duster). The real question is : Hinges or Pin On :D

That hood had previously been butchered (by another owner) with a torch for a hood scoop. It was pretty messed up, so it made the perfect candidate for a hood for my '74 :glasses7: I still have some welding to do on the outer skin and some reinforcement work underneath.

i won't have a carb so it wold look silly with intake plumbing showing.

Here's some more views with the Hemi 4" scoop

Attachments

• DSCF3239 (Medium).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 565
  • DSCF3234 (Medium).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 568
  • DSCF3236 (Medium).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 559
  • DSCF2635 (Medium).jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 539
I really don't care about year specific.. hell I don't even have door handles. I just want something to go with the lines of my car.

-
Back