Cowl Induction Hood Scoops

-

DusterMex

Reaction score
Cowl Induction Hood Scoops

Hi,
I have in mime to put a Cowl Induction Hood Scoop in my Duster 75, what is you opinion, who looks like? Do you have some photos about duster whit Cowl Induction Hood Scoops?

Thanks.

Sccop.jpg

Duster7a.jpg

To me it is a chevy thing, but it's your car and you should do whatever you want. If you have the room purchase another hood that way you can have a flat hood and your scooped hood.

If thats your car I like as is.

Chuck

I agree with 340mopar.....Cowl hoods are for chebbies......now if you want a 6pack or a factory style scoop I am all for it. While the cowl hoods do look okay I don't like them but it's just my opinion.

My opinion? Absolutely hate them on a Mopar. Turns them into Chevusters and Novacudas. Do we need more room or, just want to change the good look to ....? That is a nice looking car .

lol Cowl induction was a great idea...too bad Mopar did not think of it cause cars DO look decent with it(and it actually WORKS unlike say the 69 Air Grabber set up that was totaly USELESS for anything exceot mabey cooling off the engine absolutely no "ram air" effect though)...UNFORTUNATELY Chevy thought of it...so IF you go Cowl induction..be 100% ready to hear......Nice Nova from BOTH Non-car guys,Chevy Guys,AND,MOPAR guys. If you can live with that go for it..I like to keep mine Mopar though!

hey scamp,

i do like your car but i do think it would look better with a 6-pack hood,but thats just me. :love4:

whats your combo??..im assumming its a 416"?? :headbang:

mikesduster said:
hey scamp,

i do like your car but i do think it would look better with a 6-pack hood,but thats just me. :love4:

whats your combo??..im assumming its a 416"?? :headbang:

Thanks. Its a 416 with ported eddy heads that muscle motors did. 570 solid flat tappet comp cam, tti headers,750 carb, victor 340 intake, 904 tranny with a 5200 ptc convert, 4.30 gears with 26x9.5 hoosiers qtp.

they have bolt ons too. They dont list them under Scamp though. You need to look under Duster.

Its your car so you have to do what you like. As for me you will never see a cowl hood on any of my Mopars. But I do plan for a Max Wedge scoop on my 63 in the future. Ron

I do not mind the look of the cowling air intake hood. It doesn't bother me. I don';t care who screams it a chevy thing and they can do it all night long if they wish, FG%^&'em.
It's smart money. The rain or other debrise dosen't get a direct run to the engine and wires. It's taking pressure off the windsheild and has a more areo dynamic front.
It's all win win as far as I'm concerned.

If you want everything on your car to be brand "M", thats OK fine by me. I am just simply more of a hot rodder than a corprate flag waving dude.
What ever works , works!
I have seen MoPar parts in Chevys and Fords before. Not that I'm arond these guys for every coment, but they don't seem to catch flak, but questions instead.
"Why the Chrysler 8-3/4 in the Camaro?"
Back in the day, some brand "X" owners even used our S/S springs. Why? It works. And thats what counts.

where can one get some nice fiberglass hoods? i really like the oversized six-pack hood scoop like the one on the cover of Mopar action this month(feb '07). my Dart currently has a six-pack scoop bonded to the steel hood, but i'm not really liking that. it would be nice to have a good quality fiberglass hood with some sort of scoop on it. i too have considered the cowl induction for my car. i consider this scoop to be the "outlaw" style , not chevy. everyone has their own opinion, but it is your car, do what you want to do.

AAR Quality Fiberglass or Glasstek would be my only 2 choices for good glass hoods.

416 scamp said:
Thanks. Its a 416 with ported eddy heads that muscle motors did. 570 solid flat tappet comp cam, tti headers,750 carb, victor 340 intake, 904 tranny with a 5200 ptc convert, 4.30 gears with 26x9.5 hoosiers qtp.

that one HONKIN smallblock!!!!! :love4: 122mph is a 10.80 run ALL day!!! :headbang:

mikesduster said:
that one HONKIN smallblock!!!!! :love4: 122mph is a 10.80 run ALL day!!! :headbang:

Thanks! Im hoping to see the 10s next year, which I think will be no problem at all :headbang:

I have six inch cowl on my 68 cuda. I think it helps make a long car look shorter. I like the way the car looks but am unsure how funtional the cowl realy is. I know they work (some how) and please no math lesson but I dont know if it is any better or worse than a forward facing scoop. I think this winter before the car runs with its new motor it will also get the 5" tall sixpack scoop.

jl.jpg

that is the scoop i'm talking about! who offers this scoop on a hood already? is there any companies with this scoop on a fiberglass hood that will fit a '71 Dart or Demon?

Have the six-pack, they make for a lot of engine cleaning on those crappy days. This is before the body work around the scoop was completed.

scan0004 (Small).jpg

I put a 72 road runner hood on my 78 dodge truck, look's good but a littel heavy.
just br sure to make your self happy. very nice car!!

-
Back