Coys Wheels are on sale

-

SD_R/T

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Maybe it's already been mentioned here already (if so, I didn't see it) but Coys is having a sale on their wheels. Anyone looking to buy them, now would be the time to jump on it!!!

I've been eyeballing their rims for sometime now and when I realized they were having a sale, I struck like a cobra :D

15x7 wheels for $99 each? Yes please.

Since the question will likely be asked: They are available in 5x4 for the SBP guys.

Oh yeah: I think it ends Feb 15, so get your *** in gear if you want 'em

:burnout:

I do not see sale price is web coys wheels or old schools inc i would like the c5

I am very happy with my Coy's on my 61 fins. I paid $1950 for my complete package including mounting, valve stems, balancing, lug nuts, and shipping to my door in 2009.

Front 18 x 7 C5's ($275 each) w/ 235/40/18 HankookVentus V4 ES H105
Rear 20 x 8.5 C5's ($350 each)w/ 255/35/20 HankookVentus U4 ES H105

$99 a wheel sounds like a great price,

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC00143.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,463
So just an update: Over a month after ordering and I've yet to see my wheels disgust

I place the order over the phone on a Monday. Gentleman taking my order was friendly and helpful enough. Said it would be a couple days before they got their 'stock' in and that they'd ship out by the end of the week. No problem. I wasn't in a huge rush. I ask if they can send me an email invoice so that there is a record of the purchase. "No problem, it'll be out by the end of the day" was the reply.

A week passes and no email invoice. No notice of shipment either. I figured the invoice was simply forgotten. No biggie: we all get busy sometimes. On their facebook page, however, I see they are pretty active pushing their sale. Hmmm. I politely bug them to ask about the status of the invoice. Here is the response, verbatim:

"i just received these wheel in today. we have a problem. this is the first load i have gotten in and the black wheels and they came in as gloss black. so with that being said i can do them in these gloss black our we are going to have to do a different finish are wait on the flat black."

Interesting. I begin to wonder how long they would've waited to tell me this had I not bugged them about the invoice. Hey, I'm a pretty mellow guy. I realize things get f'ed up sometimes. I don't need the wheels for a car show next weekend. No problem, I say. I'd rather wait for the flat black. How long will it be? "like 4 to 6 weeks" is their brief response.

4 to 6 weeks? Makes me wonder if they're coming from China.

I respond back asking whether or not they will charge my credit card now or wait until they ship. No response from them. Checked my credit card: yup, they charged me the money.

Again, I don't sweat it much - although at this point I'm not exactly blown away by their customer service. I give it a few weeks and decide to check in on the status. Couple days ago I send another email, politely asking about the status of the order. Radio silence from their end.

Now I'm pretty unimpressed with their customer service. One month later and no wheels. Hell, I never even got the invoice they promised!! Things get messed up and delayed in business. I realize that. But at the very least you keep the lines of communication clear. Rant over......

I'm still hopeful this will all work out and I'll have a sweet new set of wheels to put on the Valiant. I'll give 'em a call next week. Just figured I'd share my experience with the FABO community in case it's of any use to anyone else.

I am very happy with my Coy's on my 61 fins. I paid $1950 for my complete package including mounting, valve stems, balancing, lug nuts, and shipping to my door in 2009.

Front 18 x 7 C5's ($275 each) w/ 235/40/18 HankookVentus V4 ES H105
Rear 20 x 8.5 C5's ($350 each)w/ 255/35/20 HankookVentus U4 ES H105

$99 a wheel sounds like a great price,

Ma Snart

Your Chrysler is just plain bitchin!

yea, please let us know. I was looking at their site today. thanks. What wheel did you order?

Wow......this sucks. If I ever upgrade my wheels I was thinking about Coys because I am still SBP. Keep us updated on this but at this point I am not impressed....also at that price I would imagine they are from China. You are not going to get a wheel cast, machined, polished etc for that price in the US.

You should try asking them on their FB page, that might give you a quicker response since they wouldn't want everyone seeing what you've had to put up with.

You should try asking them on their FB page, that might give you a quicker response since they wouldn't want everyone seeing what you've had to put up with.

Yep. good idea - tried that a couple hours ago. Someone else had already made a similar comment there (about waiting for their shipment) so I added a simple request. No response just yet. I didn't go into great detail on FB like I did here. Yet.

Will wait and see.....:happy1:

I know others have had decent experiences with them, so I'm still hopeful things will work out.

Just another update:
Called them late Monday. Once again, politely asked about the status of my order. Was told: "Oh yeah, I remember your email. I'm going to talk to my supplier tomorrow morning and get back to you".

That was Monday evening. It's now Friday and I haven't heard anything from them.

:wack:

FYI: Yes, my Coy's C-5s were made in China. Even though they seem to offer different backspacing on their website, when you order they are all the same rims with cheap, universal spacers depending on what BS you ask for. Which wouldn't be so bad if they were up front about it before you paid for them...

Yes, their customer service overall is... lacking.

Do my rims look great (even though I had to settle for 8" width instead of 7" up front, because that's all they had)? YES.

However, with more 4" BP choices these days, if I was buying wheels now, I'd go with someone else based on my experience. If I had 4.5 BP, I wouldn't even consider them.

Another update:

So I never heard back after my 3/19 conversation with them. I called again last Monday (3/26) and got a message saying their voicemail box was full. Nice. So I tried giving it another email. On 3/26 I wrote:

"Never got a message back from my last email. Called last Monday (the 19th) and have not received a call back. Thought I’d try once again and check on the status.

Thanks,
-mike

PS: Is it also possible to get a copy of the invoice sent to me as well? That was promised to me when I made the order but I haven’t received that either."

On 3/27 I got the following response:

"3 to 4 weeks still. Sorry but taking alot longer the we expected"

So now I get to wait another month and guess what: still no invoice. I had to check my email again and make sure I didn't write it in Chinese. Nope!

I think I would file a complaint with the credit card company for a refund of your purchase money. Then tell them to call you when they are in stock if they want to make a sale.

Maybe you would be better off buying wheels from Motec they are just up the Hwy from you. Their price is higher but looks like it includes lug nuts and shipping in the price.

http://www.motech.us/

Who knows maybe coy is their supplier to?

I think I would file a complaint with the credit card company for a refund of your purchase money. Then tell them to call you when they are in stock if they want to make a sale.

Maybe you would be better off buying wheels from Motec they are just up the Hwy from you. Their price is higher but looks like it includes lug nuts and shipping in the price.

http://www.motech.us/

Who knows maybe coy is their supplier to?

I was certainly eye-balling the Motech stuff, but they only had stuff in 17" and larger.

I should probably take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who may have ordered from Coys and is experiencing the same thing. Afterall, I'm the numbnuts who started this thread touting that they were having a good sale. If you're going through what I am - I'm sorry.

I was certainly eye-balling the Motech stuff, but they only had stuff in 17" and larger.

I should probably take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who may have ordered from Coys and is experiencing the same thing. Afterall, I'm the numbnuts who started this thread touting that they were having a good sale. If you're going through what I am - I'm sorry.

I'm really concerened with Coys packing up shop and you losing your money. It happens every day. I would be trying to get my money back If I was you.

Went by a newer Weineschnitzel hotdog restauraunt last night and it had a sign saying closed for business. You just never know who is going to be around tomorrow these days.

I guarantee you it's cheap Chinese Trash. Cancel the payment, and spend more money where it counts. If they don't respect you as a customer, what makes you think that they'll respect what they're selling you enough to make sure it's up to snuff?

Certainly appreciate your concerns. I'll admit, the thought of them closing up shop has crossed my mind. On their FB page there is evidence of people (recently) receiving their goods so I'm hopeful that is a good sign. I'm guessing they keep plenty of 20" wheels around nowadays, but not so much on 15's.

The main point of me updating this thread is to share with the FABO community my personal experience with one particular vendor, especially since those who serve the Mopar community are so few-and-far between. I know I always value the feedback I see from other members here on other vendors. This place is a great source of info. Just trying to share my personal experience without serious flaming (despite my frustration).

So in the interest of full disclosure: I followed up with another email yesterday evening asking about the invoice and today David from Coys emailed me apologizing for the invoice situation and sending me a copy. I did appreciate that at least. So I got that going for me.....which is nice.

Any luck with getting the wheels?

Short answer: NOPE!

Long answer: Not terribly long after my last post I was able to speak directly with David Coy. The place he gets the wheels from (they are not made 'in house' at Coys) is swamped with orders for 17, 18, and 20 inch wheels and there is not much demand for 15" so he is having a hard time convincing the guy he should set up for another run of 15". He offered to send me another color in 15inch to run 'in the meantime' until the new batch comes in. Not really wanting to go through the hassle of mounting and balancing an interim set of wheels (not to mention return shipping), I declined.

Fast-forward to a couple weeks ago: I got a message saying that they are being made. I hope that's the case. I guess I'll believe it when they're in my hot little hands.

-
Back