Cracked bellhousing

-

Seansmopar

Reaction score
Hey guys, and girls.. I scored a 727 trans connected to a 318 for small money, I always wanted to dIY a trans upgrade, so I installed the reprogramming kit in the VB and disassembled the case, as I was power washing I found a 3 to 4 inch crack next to the line up stud on passenger side of bell housing. Question is I want to try and repair myself but I don't know what works well with aluminum. I have a mig welder with 25/75 argon or should I try the propane and stick or jb weld or should I bring it to someone who may or may not do it right.. What are your thoughts?

Tig weld.... Take it in to someone if your unsure... Not a big deal to repair. By the time you set yourself up to repair it (correct welding rod ETC) you could pay and drag it home :). Of course, unless you want to try and do it yourself....then time, cash, and mistakes are no issue :)

Take it to a pro, it needs to be TIG welded.

Thanks guys.. Instinct was saying find a pro, sometimes I need help to push over the edge...tomorrow I'm going to look for a pro who can weld it..thanks!

-
Back