Craftsman Tools "proudly made in china"

-
If you guys have netflix check out death by china
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0VjwU8cWEw"]Death by China Film - Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

really I didn't want to admit it but perception lags behind reality and the quality of Chinese stuff has really gone up. they have been manufacturing long enough to have the capital to put back into their process and raise the quality leaps and bounds from what it was in their beginning.

its the old perception that all Chinese stuff is junk ....because at one time years ago it was (like the Japanese label) but to make that same statement now is almost like making an empirically immeasurable assumption.

However I still don't like the "made in China" sticker because I prefer to have American people I know and live around employed.

really I didn't want to admit it but perception lags behind reality and the quality of Chinese stuff has really gone up.

I sure haven't noticed quality improving, only price going up.

I have bought several things lately that didn't last 6 months and went in the trash.

really I didn't want to admit it but perception lags behind reality and the quality of Chinese stuff has really gone up. they have been manufacturing long enough to have the capital to put back into their process and raise the quality leaps and bounds from what it was in their beginning.

its the old perception that all Chinese stuff is junk ....because at one time years ago it was (like the Japanese label) but to make that same statement now is almost like making an empirically immeasurable assumption.

However I still don't like the "made in China" sticker because I prefer to have American people I know and live around employed.

I think that only goes for a small amount of products, many things are still garbage that are made in china.....especially kid toys, most toys made there never seem to last anymore....most or all of the Mopar resto repop stuff from PG Classics is made in china and is junk too.

..A long time ago when i was just starting out an older employee who's opinion
i had a high regard for told me that unions would be the Death of our country.
...wonder what he meant?
Rani is correct in what she says....the quality of Chinese products is getting better

...wonder what he meant?
Rani is correct in what she says!

Two completely different subjects.

China sucks. Period. End of discussion. Over and out. Roger wilco.

napa swears their parts are not made in china too. but if you look close at the box, most parts say made in china.

Part of the problem is a tax structure thing, If you want to make something in India and sell it outside of India, there is no Indian tax. If you make something in India and sell in India you are taxed. If you want to buy something in India made in China or anywhere else it is taxed.

Here in the US if you make something in China and sell it to India and try to bring the money back to the US you are taxed.

Other countries don't play fair on export and imports taxation and we have the highest tax rates in the world.

...wonder what he meant?
Rani is correct in what she says!

its only a matter of time till China's as well as other countries workforces become brokedown palaces.

Unions are starting in some sections of India and sooner or later China may have the same "problem" ....history will likely repeat itself over there and it could level the playing field when Chinese workers demand close to same wages as their American counterparts because they will learn they can get it and get union breaks. The only variable that can change this course or slow it is the fact that a larger population exists there......but after awhile people will get greedy and organize. its bound to happen

like Mr. Bad sport says ....different topic ...so I will stop there :D

China is close to imploding...won't be long before the "free ride" the world has enjoyed with the near slave labor from them will end.

What will China become? who knows?

Sears has more than one level of tools.
Ive seen professional grade series in american stores.

Machining looked better and priced a lot higher. Is that made in china ?

We better get used to made in China now. Before long were gonna have to speak Chinese as they own is...

I think we own them just as much.

Then piss on Sears. I am done with them. I predicted years ago when Sears was bought out by KMart that they would be pulled down the drain with that company. It's gonna happen, too. KMart has always sucked, now Sears is suckin with um.

I am afraid you are in denial because the Crapsman tools I have bought that has had China on them have been crap. Everyone of them went back and now I am buying tools off Craigslist and pawn shops.

I have a boat load of older (many very old) Craftsman tools, and I am sad to see what is happening. I grew up on my Dad's craftsman tools. He and my grandfather were both huge "Sears and Roebucks" guys.

"Times, they are a changin" :rock:

Bad thing is most companies out source for cheaper labor yet we as consumers don't see a savings...

Someone made a comment about workers in China wanting more. That is true. Right now the majority of manufacturing is done close to the coast and the workers want higher wages. The solution is for the manufacturing to move further inland to cheaper labor. A dog chasing its tail...... Anymore comments like this and this will get moved to the N&P forum.

I am as disgusted as you all are. Mac has a lot of American made products still. Moat of our hard line tools are made here. Our forging plant is in Dallas and our tool boxes are made in Georgetown, Ohio. We do have many tools made in China, some made in Taiwan, and a few made in Japan. Most of the imports are soft line items (non forged) and might include things like stamped steel tools, specialty tools, plastic tools and the like and many of those are from some other company and not a Mac or Stanley owned company. Our patent laws don't stop companies from copying a American made product and importing it here. Besides, it is all a numbers game to them, profits for the stockholders and upper management. If you own a old Mac, Snap On, Craftsman or made in USA tool treat it with respect and don't abuse or misuse it because if you brake it the replacement might just be made somewhere else.
tmm

-
Back