Cragar S/S direct drill lbp

-

weezer

Reaction score
I have a 1967 Dart with the large bolt pattern 5X4.5 conversion and I want a set of Cragar S/S wheels. Summit Racing has the direct drill 5X4.5 bolt pattern but website says they won’t fit. Does anyone know why? I have emailed Summit but got no response.

I found that when looking at rims from Summit there isn't much luck of them showing what fits, figure out what you need 1st then search by the specs, that's how I got the Cragers I have now, of course I lucked out they fit both my 66 Mustang and my 69 Dart without issue.

I tried that, too. Thanks, though. I guess I’ll try to call the tech line. Again.

Would say you are going to need at least 4" backspacing instead of the regular 3 1/2" inchers. Got to push the wheels in as close to the rear leafs as you can cause the outer quarter panel is always the clearance issue on the Darts. 15s should fit fine when you get the backspace right. See if you can find someone who already has the right combo and copy that.

Yes 15" x 7" with 4 1/4" backspace is a good place to start for clearance.

15x8s come with the 4 1/2" backspace. Takes some doing to get just the right tire wheel combo on the Darts.

Would be great if one of your buddies could come by with the nice wheels on his Dart and Try them on your's. Nothing like fitting actual wheels and tires to make sure. You can measure all you want, but in the end they got to fit without rubbing.

I ended up buying this to check so I could be certain, of course if someone had some combos for you to try before you buy that would be good

Percy's WheelRite Wheel and Tire Fitment Tools 01201
Thanks for all the reply’s, guys. Actually,the issue is not how wide a tire will fit (for now!) but just wanting to make sure the direct drill ( ie: single bolt pattern) will go on. I didn’t know if maybe there was a hub centric issue. I have set of American Torque Thrust wheels that fit both a 1968 Mustang and the Dart 5X4.5 pattern but the stock Mopar rims won’tbolt Onto
the Mustang. See where I’m at?

Thanks for all the reply’s, guys. Actually,the issue is not how wide a tire will fit (for now!) but just wanting to make sure the direct drill ( ie: single bolt pattern) will go on. I didn’t know if maybe there was a hub centric issue. I have set of American Torque Thrust wheels that fit both a 1968 Mustang and the Dart 5X4.5 pattern but the stock Mopar rims won’tbolt Onto
the Mustang. See where I’m at?
mopars have a larger center hole because of a larger front wheel bearing housing. always check the center's size prior to buying. some aluminum wheels have enough meat to have the center bored out to fit

If there is a choice in the sizes you want, get the ones with acorn nuts, not mag lug nuts. They work really well.

Most 5 on 4.5 aftermarket are Mopar sized as they also fir the smaller Ford Register, but Fomoco 5 on 4.5 rims wont fit Mopar.

-
Back