Cragar wheels quality or lack of!!!!

-
Reaction score
I recently put four new cragar ss on my 64 Dart but before I had the tires mounted I had to clean up the inside of the wheel where they welded after chroming . Black stuff from welding, splatter and some of the welds were not painted to prevent rust. Guess we just have to get use to poor quality and workmanship.
Moe

I recently put four new cragar ss on my 64 Dart but before I had the tires mounted I had to clean up the inside of the wheel where they welded after chroming . Black stuff from welding, splatter and some of the welds were not painted to prevent rust. Guess we just have to get use to poor quality and workmanship.
Moe

Ching Chow Ching. Before long there won't be any american factorys. I could go on a rant but it would be a waste of time...

thanks for reminding me to call and raise hell because Cragar STILL has not replaced the NFG rims I got from them in January....and they told me they shipped late Feburary...then they said they were out of 15x8 wheel blanks???? WTF..I thought they were in the wheel business

very few American wheels left. I know Halibrand is still cast in the USA not sure who else is.

I have a set of 15x4 wheels never mounted on a car. The finish isnt that bad considering its mostly a steel wheel. I have the boxes and there dated 1971. I have a set of new pro tracs on them but just cant stick a lugnut on them.

thanks for reminding me to call and raise hell because Cragar STILL has not replaced the NFG rims I got from them in January....and they told me they shipped late Feburary...then they said they were out of 15x8 wheel blanks???? WTF..I thought they were in the wheel business

I was told that it's all about the shipping. They have to fill the container before it can ship over here. The smaller companies have to double up with someone else or the freight just sits waiting. It really sucks that the quality drops but the prices sure don't. Dan

I was thinking of putting on Cragars. Can anyone recommend another manufacturer that will give me the same look?

Don't get me wrong I still like the looks of the wheels just seems a little more quality would be nice for 170 bucks

I have a set of 15x4 wheels never mounted on a car. The finish isnt that bad considering its mostly a steel wheel. I have the boxes and there dated 1971. I have a set of new pro tracs on them but just cant stick a lugnut on them.

Small bolt?

STILL waiting for my replacements....the customer service says they will be shipped in the next couple of days.....it is time to stand by the door and hold my breath????

Agree that the Cragar Super Sport is the absolute best looking. Had planned to have them on my A-body build back in '74. But unfortunately, I had to sell the car before I finished. Now I'm back, and of course I put on Cragars.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 344
here is my 64,
Moe

Attachments

• 007 (2).JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 010 (2).JPG
    186 KB · Views: 334
  • side view.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 304