Craigs List can be a good thing!

-
Picked up A body buckets, foam, plastic backs in decent shape, tracks that are not rusted and the seat backs aren't either. $440. Very, very little rust. Only have to treat. I'll post pictures later. I feel I got a deal. He also has another set of seats and tracks for a body, more rust on tracks but should be easy to fix and use.

pictures. Missing seat release buttons, and center cushion section on drivers seat. but very little rust, should be easy to clean. Did notice one broken spring at the front, or maybe it came out of the holder? There are deals of CL, least I've been lucky so far.

Attachments

• passenger bottom.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 160
  • passenger back.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 162
  • passenger back foam.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 165
  • passenger back frame.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 170
  • driver tracks.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 155
  • driver bottom missing center.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 167
  • passenger plastic back.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 158
  • drivers side back with foam.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 180
  • passenger tracks.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 156
I had to tell someone this story and didn't want to start a new thread. I saw a correct 71 340 air cleaner on CL yesterday morning as part of a pile of Challenger parts that a guy was selling. I messaged him and asked if he would mind selling the air cleaner separate. He messaged back yes, he would take $75 for it. Score! Not bad shape, but the top has been painted and there is some small rust on the base.

82DAFCB9-94AA-447D-8B8F-BCA3B51B72E2_zpsz6xbfoun.jpg

He had a parts tote there with several small block parts in it. I saw a new NAPA Gold oil filter, a new coil, cap and rotor, throttle linkage and bracket, etc. He said he would throw the tote in for $25. Sold. Here's where the story gets interesting.

When I got home (a hour each way) I was digging through the tote like a kid on Halloween looking for his favorite candy. My buddy pulled out an idle stop solenoid from the very bottom and we ran the part number. It came back as fitting a 71 340, that's cool because that's what the guy said the parts came from. The interesting part is that it also fits the 440+6 and Hemi cars and the reproduction ones don't have the part number stamped into them. Original ones can go for as high as $300!!! We tested it and it works. I've got it for sale over on Moparts. I'll let one of those deep pocket E body guys pay up for it.

032A5092-2159-4574-8215-2550566C8F00_zpsethtznov.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Good deals aren't gonna come find you, you have to be looking every day.

EDIT 48 hours later: I sold the solenoid to a guy on Moparts today for $400 shipped! He even sent the money to me as a gift so that PayPal didn't take their cut.

Heck yeah, get your money back plus a little.

That's what this thread is for, post up the deals!

Craigslist ,can be a good thing.. I have a friend trying to sell a 2400 Dart BBC race block, 4000 dollar full Crower forged rotator assembly, and other high end stuff. Who buys high end speed stuff, at jobber prices on Craig's????

-
Back