craigslist abody tear jerker

-
I love that car.

Those 5.0 motors are tough if it has the forged bottom end. They run hard too. Pretty cool IMO.

I happen to like a lot of Ford stuff especially 65-70. If you look in my gallery you will see a few nice older BB Mustangs 1 70 w/ 514, 1 69 w/468, 1 67 w/ 351 and 1 65 w/ 289 w2x4's that I used to help my buddy Robby with when I lived in Atlanta.

I may have a nice '64 Ranch in my stable......:D

Did anybody see that 68 fastback barracuda on Seattle's Craig's list with the Mazda drivetrain about 4 years ago? That was the worst. I was thinking about buying it for the front clip. It even had the Mazda dash and firewall I think.

Looks like a pretty clean, sharp build to me. I personally prefer to keep likes with likes engine wise (so long as there are actual options), but hey. To each their own. That engine is easy to work on and buy parts for and cheap to boot.

everyone that has the sense god gave a piss ant would know by the exhaust sound

Hopefully it was a rust bucket or was sitting around in someones property with no powertrain and the guy just did this to put it back on the road...:vom::pukerigh:
LMAO I thought of that when i said it chucky I can call a 5. from a mile away lmao .... I would still drive the hell outta it intell i blew it up ..... then toss in a slant 6 lol

Why does the c pillar and quarter window look more like a Valiant rather than a Dart?

Btw, Id take this car any day over a a Toyota 4 banger Scamp i saw some years ago. Hard to say but I bet the Mustang mopar sounds even more like a P.O.S. than the yoterscamp.

Looks like a pretty clean, sharp build to me. I personally prefer to keep likes with likes engine wise (so long as there are actual options), but hey. To each their own. That engine is easy to work on and buy parts for and cheap to boot.
=D>
Agreed!

I would gladly drive it as a daily driver even though I am mostly a purist. I could walk in to any parts store and pick up a drive train part since it is modified to something modern. I am still wanting to put a diesel in something.
Hey if you come down my way with a cummins 4bt, I'd gladly pull my slant for that project!

so does the guy who installed a cummins 4BT in his 69 sattelite wagon for towing and fuel economy get shunned too, or the guy who installed a cummins B series 12 valve in his power stroke ford pickup shunned?

nothing done to this car that cant be undone. get another K frame, and tranny crossmember, patch up the hole in the center of the trans tunnel left from the toploader stick and you can swap it back to mopar power.

for a daily driver i think its kind of neat. and not a very desireable dart since its not a hardtop. i agree it would be easy to get engine parts for it. plus the EFI makes it a bit less cantankerous than a carb and choke setup for most folks who dont know you have to pump the gas before turning the key, having never probably hada carbureted automobile.

put a paxton on it, stroke it to 347 inches i bet it could be some fun to drive even if its heart is brand X

Hey if you come down my way with a cummins 4bt, I'd gladly pull my slant for that project!

hey /6 matt

are you looking for a good dart front bumper. i have one thats a 70 model bumper no slots for a jack in it. got a small dent in it to hammer out, chrome is otherwise ok. bumper is not twisted or bent.

PM me if interested
matt

bumper pix

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 010.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 011.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 012.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 194
Pretty sure that is what hot rodding is all about.....building what YOU want?? Can't wait to hear all the whining when I put an LS in my car......

Hot rodding is all about building what you want the way you want it but there are some things I myself do not like. I mean if someone put a vtech into a SS hemi car then I am pretty sure you wouldn't like it but someone would. I just do not like what he did there at all and that is just my personal opinion. Trust me I have nothing against Ford at all, my dart is the only mopar I have owned and I have had 6 other ford trucks. My dad has a 68 fastback mustang but I am just sick and tired of seeing the foxbody platform or the 5.0.

Hot rodding is all about building what you want the way you want it but there are some things I myself do not like. I mean if someone put a vtech into a SS hemi car then I am pretty sure you wouldn't like it but someone would. I just do not like what he did there at all and that is just my personal opinion. Trust me I have nothing against Ford at all, my dart is the only mopar I have owned and I have had 6 other ford trucks. My dad has a 68 fastback mustang but I am just sick and tired of seeing the foxbody platform or the 5.0.

Mopars are about the only thing I won't desecrate with other brand power train and that's because they got it right the first time! IMO

Pretty sure that is what hot rodding is all about.....building what YOU want?? Can't wait to hear all the whining when I put an LS in my car......
seems to me I already saw someone get slammed here for such an unimaginative undertaking. So it won't be anything new.

BLASPHEMY!!!! HOW DARE YOU BUILD SOMETHING THAT ISN'T A MOPAR!!!!

More power to ya for it, man. I don't give a **** what the vehicle or combo is, as long as it's well done, it's cool to me.

Hot rodding is hot rodding. While I think that Dart is a nice ride and nicely done, don't I/we have the right "not" to like it as much as some of you like it?

Some of you guys that are OK with it are kinda hammering on some that don't (comments). Since when is a person denied what they like/dislike based on someone elses opinion?

Personally, I think it's a nice car. Would I put a Ford power plant in it if it were mine, absolutely not, but that is my preference.

-
Back