crank pulley

-

greg

Reaction score
I need some crank pulley information and a pulley too! I'm looking for a crank pulley for a 71 Dart small block. If I can't find the right pulley I may need to make a spacer. Can anyone offer any help or a pulley for sale. The pulley I have is about 2 3/8 deep and 6 5/8 across (approx). The pulley I need has to be about 3 3/8 deep. Does anyone have any ideas?

what would you need a spacer for? what exactly are you trying to do? do you have the proper water pump pulley and alt bracket for what your trying to do?

I have a 1968 Dart, 1973 340, an aluminum water pump. The power steering pump and pulley is from a 71 Dart. It is a non AC car. The pulley I attached in the picture above is one that I thought I could use and is not from the 71 Dart. I can get that pulley but the car is buried in snow and I'd have to wait a while. If I can get one now it would be better for my build process. If not I'll have to wait.

So ya have a total non a/c 71 set up. I have pics of what you need at home. I'll post them later when I'm home

Great, thanks. I'll watch for it. Is any of it for sale? The owner of the donor car was nice enought to let me try to take the pulley off today while he was away for the Daytona 500. Little did I know that the sonow was going to be up to my hips. Long story short, it didn't happen. I would have had to remove the rad and fan too and I didn't want to get too far into it without his permission. I'll look for the reply.

here are the pulleys ya need. you can buy them from this place or just use the measurements they post. these are for a 70-up small block with power steering and no a/c.

pulley2.png

pulley1.png

and here is the alt. bracket ya need. http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/albrac1970up.html

and here is how your belts will be run..

DSC01403.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

DSC02501.jpg

What Joe said. The '69 and earlier pulleys are shallower then the '70 and up and the two types need to be a matched to their corresponding water pumps which have different depths.

-
Back