crank scraper????

-

35regal

Reaction score
i thought i already posted this question,but i couldnt find it. im buildind a stroker 418, i allready have a milidon 7 qt.pan for a 67 a body, it is already baffled, i have read not to put a windage tray on it, from what 0812 has posted, what about using a crank scaper?? anyone use one?? has anyone seen a increase of power on the dyno??

I haven't had the luxury of getting an engine on a dyno, but I've been using one on my 360's with an 8 qt. Milodon pan. I like the design and theory behind it, makes sense, so I've added it to my combo. Running only 5 quarts of oil in my 8 qt. baffled pan keeps it pretty far away from the crank. But I figure that a scraper will "scrape" a lot of oil trapped around the swirling rotating assembly without worrying about any actually getting caught in a tray.

Here is a crank scraper source & info:

http://www.crank-scrapers.com/

Only partially 64. They are like quench. The greater the distance from the crank, the less effective they are. A scraper removes the oil. The girdle only deflects and then only in line with the main journals. More oil comes out of the rods than mains.

-
Back