crank suggestions for my 408

-

dingo77

Reaction score
ok guys and gals ive got a 93' magnum 360 block im wanting to build into a 408. seen we got a post goin about some issues with the eagle crank. what are some of you stroker nuts suggestions on cranks for me?

I just got my 408 together. I'm running a Scat forged crank with Scat I beams with KB forged pistons. No issues.

I run a Scat stroker kit which came with a Scat cast crank, Scat I-beams, and KB745 step dish pistons. The crank that came with the kit had a flaw so my machine shop sent it back. Scat copped an attitude and blamed my machine shop for the flaw and dragged their feet for 2 months. That is right, 2 months my block sat at the machine shop waiting. Then Scat sent my machine shop a crappy crank so we just machined it 10/10 and moved on. And I bought the kit balanced and that was a joke it was so far off it was not even funny. Scat told me "they guaranteed their balance to within a gram" but when I called and complained about the balance they basically said "you get what you get". Scat makes some decent stuff but when there is an issue they really leave you hanging.

The Scat I-beams were really nice and so were the KB pistons.

I hear a lot of good things about the K1 cranks.

Just finishing a 410 build, Eagle steel crank, Scat I-beams, Diamond pistons. They all fit great!

hmmm thats not very reasuring about scat doin you wrong like that. thanks for the info guys keep it commin.

I havent found any issues with the Eagle crank. Dont use Probe pistons..lol. Scat and Eagle are both importaed cranks BTW. And MP is the Scat... I would not use hypereutectics in a 4" stroke engine either.

-
Back