Crank turning question

-
Another question wouldn't the new crank change my balance? Im using same weight pistons and not internally balancing it.
The reman crank ought to be still within factory balance tolerances.

Technically, turning a crank will change the balance slightly. And I would not necessarily expect the crank reman's to make the adjustments for that. But we are talking 6 grams of change per throw for .010" undersize, and that well is within factory tolerances. Plus the bearing weight change makes up for most of it anyway.

The $340 junkyard Magnum$200 manifold and $50 electric fuel pump starting to look better and better everyday...

Sorry massive correction here..
I was quoting you Oregon Pick-n-Pull prices but I pulled up pick and pull prices on Virginia Beach Pick-n-Pull.. it looks like before the core charger about 10 bucks more then buying that crank LOL likely comes with a 6-month warranty as well...
happen once on a motor and happened once on a transmission or I got so much work into them and then something like a $50 motor pops on Craigslist and I'm like oh my God and drop the motor I'm working on and just go buy it running. or the transmission I completely tear it apart get into it find out it has burnt out Parts tear into another one and end up rebuilding it. It's called experience...
Screenshot_20190218-040745.png

Yes that is true you got me there. Lol but that pick and pull engine aint gonna run like the one im building. And this one will pretty much be brand new when im finished.
Yea your right about the money tho it would have been cheaper and quicker to just buy a running engine and drop it in. That is what the 318 was supposed to be but one thing lead to another. Doesn't matter now I have a plan and im sticking to it!

I sure wish they sold 4 inch cranks for 180 bucks. Lol id build one of those strokers everyone raves about. :)

Works for me at 7:01P EST on Monday 18th... $158 with core charge and sales tax.... no shipping. I can grab it for you if you give me the word pronto, and we can get it down there some time soon. My son lives in Salem so he can meet you maybe in Christiansburg or Radford....

Works for me at 7:01P EST on Monday 18th... $158 with core charge and sales tax.... no shipping. I can grab it for you if you give me the word pronto, and we can get it down there some time soon. My son lives in Salem so he can meet you maybe in Christiansburg or Radford....
Thanks for the offer that is really kind of you i really appreciate it. But I'm gonna go with this one. Its only a few dollars more and its for a manual that way later on down the road if i decide to do the 4speed swap like im wanted to do I will have the correct crank and be set already. Next time you are down this way holler at me we will do lunch heck you can come over and help with the car! Haha thanks Mark your to kind!

Screenshot_20190218-195253_Samsung Internet.jpg

-
Back