Crankcase Vent

-

howco4

Reaction score
Looking at some of the engine bays, I've noticed that some of the crankcase vents have a hose attached, and are being routed somewhere down below the engine, (hose to nowhere?). I have not set up venting for my engine yet. Is there something I'm missing?

Probably what you are seeing is a crankcase evacuation system that hooks in to the header collectors. Overkill for the street and IMO should be considered strip only. Use a stock PCV setup and you will be fine.

This one goes to the vent in the trunk.

IM000252.jpg

IM000518.jpg

Good info! I'm heading for the autoparts store this morning to pickup hose grommets and PVc valve. Howard

If your car is a 70 it will probably only have a line from the valvecover breather to the air cleaner and a PCV valve to the carb.

It's a 70, with a transplanted 383. Valve covers and air cleaner are after market items. Will use PVC hookup on one side, with a generic, no hose breather on the other side. Hope to fire it off for the first time this week. Howard

Latest Dart 001 (600 x 400).jpg

Howco4,
Three (well, maybe four) questions, please....
1. Are you a guitarist, and if so, what kind of music do you play?

2. Can power OEM "factory" power steeing be run in a '67-up A bpdy that has a 383/400 installed?

3. What kind (brand) of headers are on the blue car in the picture?

Thanks for any information!

epiphone3.jpg

-
Back