cranking then no cranking

-

Shadow9198

Reaction score
hey guys. i recently put a 5.7 hemi and a 545rfe trans from an 05 half ton into my projects car. as for now i have just used the stock harness and fuse box to hook the wires up just to try and start it while it is in the car. im even using the steering column from the truck for the time being to run the key. my problem how ever is this. i just got it to crank so that was all good. i then hooked up my aftermarket fuel pump and had it start pumping fuel. i then went to crank it now to start it and it cranked for a bit then stopped cranking. the whole system lost power and the batter is still good. any ideas on what fuse or relay or something i might have blown?

I thought about that , but he said he is using the truck's steering column so I think that takes the security feature out of the problem.

ya all the security stuff is there. doesnt it still crank tho if security goes off? i know on my 04 if i try and run it with the unprogrammed key it starts then dies in a second or 2

and also it has no power anywhere. doesnt the ASD relay just shut down fuel and ignition?

-
Back