crankshaft/flexplate bolts

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Just got my tranny back from rebuild. I am piecing things together, so I never really had the flex plate bolts. I know the crank has (6) 7/16 I think fine thread bolts which are how long? My converter was built for the larger 7/16" bolts also and I have a B&M disc style flexplate. I was wondering if I use the 7/16" x 1/2" bolts here. And is that the same bolt that goes into the crankshaft? I know these have a special head on them which is very thin for clearance. I also was wondering if these had any washers involved? I know MP sells a set of 6 7/16 for the crank and 4 5/16 for the converter. where can I buy the larger 7/16 bolts without spending the cash for a set which includes the 5/16 that I do not need. I remember on another car having one of the flex plate bolts backing out and making a real noisey racket. Thought my car was going to blow up. So I really want to be sure I do the right thing here regarding sizes and washers if necessary as well as torque specs? Any info on this would be really helpful,

just watch out for the thickness of the head on the converter bolts....converter bolts usually have narrower heads to clear the back of the engine..

-
Back