crankshaft pilot bushing

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
I measured the hole in the back of my 273 crank today and came up with something in the neighborhood of .895/.900-ish (hard to get the calipers in there and didn't feel like breaking out the pin gauges)

I see on Brewer's website that a new crank pilot bushing has an od of .940.

I was thinking of getting a new bushing and turning it down to the correct od for my crank. It would still end up being a minimum of .141 thick. That seems like it would be plenty thick enough for what it needs to do.

Anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

CE

You're gonna end up with around .070" wall thickness, or half of the .141" OD-ID. The original works out to .093" wall thickness. So you're not going way down. I have not done that; but expect it would work. Any problem with just turning the ID of the crank to the right size?

You're gonna end up with around .070" wall thickness, or half of the .141" OD-ID. The original works out to .093" wall thickness. So you're not going way down. I have not done that; but expect it would work. Any problem with just turning the ID of the crank to the right size?

Yeah I was totally brain farting on the thickness per side. Duh! And I are uh mahsheenist too.........:eek:ops:

As for reaming the crank center, that is waaaaay more trouble than I want to go through. And I'd have to have someone else do it as I doubt the swing on my home lathe would handle it.

I'm just going to go with the roller bearing adapter and set it up with a few threaded holes like Herb did in the post I referenced above.

CE

-
Back