Crankshafts

-

63SplitWindow

Reaction score
While looking for a sb stroker crank for a 360 build, I came across a cast steel stroker crank by Eagle. I'm still looking for a forged crank but I'm curious about the limits of a cast steel unit. What kind of power can they safely handle?

From what most say, the Scat cast is a much better piece then the Eagle. Really depends on how hard you want to run it. For race use or any power added street use, i'd keep looking for a forged piece. jmo

Almost every picture Ive seen of a broken small block crank was a cast eagle crank. I’d say there are better places to spend your money.

Sometimes you will find a Mopar performance one listed for sale... ever thought about using spacers and a 340 stroker forged crank

i would have no problem running 600 plus on a scat cast racing crank because i do for 12 years now 530hp plus a 100 shot when needed around 150lbs so far . Thats with a 360 main . Eagle gave cast cranks a bad name .

Last edited:
Sometimes you will find a Mopar performance one listed for sale... ever thought about using spacers and a 340 stroker forged crank
I always thought there was some machining involved to put a 340 style crank in a 360 block?
I will check the 360 molnar cranks for pricing

340 stroker in a 360? Why not just use a 360 stroke crank?
I always thought there was some machining involved to put a 340 style crank in a 360 block?
Machining? Why would that be? Now if you think you want to put a 360 crank in a 340 you have to machine the crank because the 340 journals are smaller. The only machining you may have to do is a little relief grinding at the bottom of the bore for rod clearance. Most stroker kit connecting rods address that.

With the stroker cranks available for the 360's there's no reason to mess around with anything but one that is designed to work.

340 stroker in a 360? Why not just use a 360 stroke crank?

Machining? Why would that be? Now if you think you want to put a 360 crank in a 340 you have to machine the crank because the 340 journals are smaller. The only machining you may have to do is a little relief grinding at the bottom of the bore for rod clearance. Most stroker kit connecting rods address that.

With the stroker cranks available for the 360's there's no reason to mess around with anything but one that is designed to work.
Agree

I have an older MP forged crankshaft in my 416 which is 360 based. When I bought it the rod journal for the 1 & 2 pistons were scuffed & needed to be ground, I took it to my machinist and had the rod journals turned .010 under, chamfered the oil holes and polished the rods and mains.

Yes, unless you want to pay to re-balance everything. Fortunately, my machinist is a stickler for details and he knows how I beat on my engines. He made sure the remove as close to the same amount on each journal, as well as chamfering the oil holes.

Here's the ad link below for a 4.00" stroke Molnar 360 crankshaft. It can also be had in a 3.79" stroke for the same money. These are the only two strokes that Molnar offers in a 360 main journal.

[FOR SALE] - Molnar Technologies 4340 Forged Steel 408" 4.00" Stroke 360 Crankshaft - New

Here's the link for a complete 408" balanced assembly for a 360 block.

[FOR SALE] - 408" Molnar Technologies Complete Balanced Rotating Assembly for 360 Block - New

Tom

Whoa, I had no idea Molnar offers a 3.79 stroke for the 360. Does anyone make off the shelf forged pistons for that stroke?

Here's the ad link below for a 4.00" stroke Molnar 360 crankshaft. It can also be had in a 3.79" stroke for the same money. These are the only two strokes that Molnar offers in a 360 main journal.

[FOR SALE] - Molnar Technologies 4340 Forged Steel 408" 4.00" Stroke 360 Crankshaft - New

Here's the link for a complete 408" balanced assembly for a 360 block.

[FOR SALE] - 408" Molnar Technologies Complete Balanced Rotating Assembly for 360 Block - New

Tom
Yup. This ^^^^^ is who you need to deal with. Tom will fix you up.

-
Back