Crappy Hotel...

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Sitting in a crappy hotel room in New Mexico with a Jack and Ginger Ale to take the edge off, watching "Sons of Guns" re-runs. I got the call last night and was up by 1:30 AM to leave by 3:00 AM from Denver. Drove all night through the rain and got here by 10:30 to fix some Cisco UCS stuff. Got done and am too tired to drive all the way home after 3 hrs sleep last night but can't crash.

The furniture looks like it was chewed by a small dog, the bedspread is from 1972, the TV is 20 years old, etc. At least I can smoke in here, lol.

Worked 17 hours last Friday, 4 hrs sleep and then another 8 hours on Saturday. Spent Sunday trying to catch up on sleep but it didn't work. Monday was 12 hrs and Tuesday was the usual 8-9 hrs.

Having said that, I'm damn lucky to have a job and a home. :cheers: Whatever it takes my friends, whatever it takes.....

Sitting in a crappy hotel room in New Mexico with a Jack and Ginger Ale to take the edge off, watching "Sons of Guns" re-runs. I got the call last night and was up by 1:30 AM to leave by 3:00 AM from Denver. Drove all night through the rain and got here by 10:30 to fix some Cisco UCS stuff. Got done and am too tired to drive all the way home after 3 hrs sleep last night but can't crash.

The furniture looks like it was chewed by a small dog, the bedspread is from 1972, the TV is 20 years old, etc. At least I can smoke in here, lol.

Worked 17 hours last Friday, 4 hrs sleep and then another 8 hours on Saturday. Spent Sunday trying to catch up on sleep but it didn't work. Monday was 12 hrs and Tuesday was the usual 8-9 hrs.

Having said that, I'm damn lucky to have a job and a home. :cheers: Whatever it takes my friends, whatever it takes.....

Watch out for Bed Bugs!!!

Dang,I hope you shoved a door under the door knob

Absolutely. Still have not forgotten how your thoughtful well written surviving not working thread helped my wife get thru her layoff. Just did a Sat. to Wed. shift for hurricane training simulating actual storm that had me away from family for 5 days. Wife's not home yet but thought you'd appreciate photo of my little buddy thats been on my lap since arrival back home.

Oldschoolcuda

Attachments

• parts 607.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 278
If I've learned one thing in my Air Force career it's "Life's too short for crappy hotels!"

I spend 100-250 nights a year in hotel rooms. I am quite partial to Marriott Residnce or Courtyard hotels. Uncle Sam only pays just so much for a room, but Marriott usually has rooms available for the GSA rate. Their rooms have always been clean, quiet and comfortable. Usually free breakfast as well. Even the low cost Fairfield hotels are of the same quality if not as fancy.

Aloha Joe! hitting the good stuff huh? maybe you can hit a parts yard and find some A body parts?

good luck on the fine abode...sounds like another fun chapter in your life!

Stay away from the "EL CHEEPO" motels/hotels. Pay the extra bucks and sleep sound and secure. Been there, done that.

Go to a bar and pick up some drunk chicks....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQ-ISsDm8M&feature=related"]Where are the white women at? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF4KWyF2Cbk&feature=related"]You Are A Smelly Pirate Hooker...Why Don't You Go Back To Your Home On ***** Isle! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdExsAQuCQA&feature=related"]Blazing Saddles Funny Scene - "they said you was hung" - YouTube[/ame]

When i was boat hauling i slept in my truck [i knew where it had been] ,showered and ate in truck stops, cheap hotels/motels no thanks.

When i was boat hauling i slept in my truck [i knew where it had been] ,showered and ate in truck stops, cheap hotels/motels no thanks.
I drove for 26 years remember getting room and getting up in middle of night and then go out to truck to sleep,Kevin.

We musta slapped mirrors Joe. I left Albuquerque at 3 am this morning. Where did you have to go, nothing better to stay at?

With all these great comments you'll be lucky if you sleep a wink tonight. I lived in the Caribbean for a while and the criters and bugs looked like they were on nuclear
steroids!! Creeped the hell out of me when I was going to sleep.

And herpes.....

No private parts touched anything in there. :D

.....and broken crack pipes

They did vacuum..

Dang,I hope you shoved a door under the door knob

Lol, no joke. I had my trusty .45 with me.

Absolutely. Still have not forgotten how your thoughtful well written surviving not working thread helped my wife get thru her layoff. Just did a Sat. to Wed. shift for hurricane training simulating actual storm that had me away from family for 5 days. Wife's not home yet but thought you'd appreciate photo of my little buddy thats been on my lap since arrival back home.

Oldschoolcuda

Thanks oldschool, it's good to hear that something I wrote helped someone.

If I've learned one thing in my Air Force career it's "Life's too short for crappy hotels!"

I spend 100-250 nights a year in hotel rooms. I am quite partial to Marriott Residnce or Courtyard hotels. Uncle Sam only pays just so much for a room, but Marriott usually has rooms available for the GSA rate. Their rooms have always been clean, quiet and comfortable. Usually free breakfast as well. Even the low cost Fairfield hotels are of the same quality if not as fancy.

Fairfields are pretty darn good for the money. We have to use something called a "CLC card" to pay for the rooms and only certain hotels are approved, so I really didn't have much of a choice.

Yup, you gotta do what you gotta do whenever you gotta do it to survive in this economy!!

No joke. :banghead:

Aloha Joe! hitting the good stuff huh? maybe you can hit a parts yard and find some A body parts?

good luck on the fine abode...sounds like another fun chapter in your life!

I had 2 cocktails and sacked out, I was beat. Left at 8am this morning so Thank God, I'm home. :cheers:

Stay away from the "EL CHEEPO" motels/hotels. Pay the extra bucks and sleep sound and secure. Been there, done that.

Either I pay for it all, or I go to a CLC approved hotel. It sucks.

How'd the truck stop showers work out for ya? :D

We musta slapped mirrors Joe. I left Albuquerque at 3 am this morning. Where did you have to go, nothing better to stay at?

Damn! No joke? I was in Albuquerque too! Had to stay in an "approved" hotel per company regs.

Ack!

With all these great comments you'll be lucky if you sleep a wink tonight. I lived in the Caribbean for a while and the criters and bugs looked like they were on nuclear
steroids!! Creeped the hell out of me when I was going to sleep.

I'll bet.

Could have lived the rest of my life without knowing that web site existed.....

...or is needed, damn man.

Worked 17 hours last Friday.

That sounds like the hours I work every day except Sundays.

:wack: Sorry to hear DM.

at ;east sons of guns is on... i like that show

That show rocks. :prayer:

Glad to see you made it home Joe.....yuck on the "approved list" from your company :wack:

I had to stay at a "flea bag" motel in the middle of nowhere earlier this year. I hardly slept it was so disgusting......

-
Back