Crazy car fixes/repairs

-
I spit a drive shaft about an hour from my house, apparently one of the rear yoke bolts broke allowing the u-joint to come apart... it was a 73 duster...so I figure I'll just walk to the nearest auto parts place because I was in town... get all the way to the auto parts store and go to look for my wallet, apparently I had left it at the house. No new U-joint or bolts for me...
I used a broken piece of a hack saw blade that was in the trunk to cut a slot in the yoke/bolt and used a knife to back the rest of bolt out. I then spent 20 minutes trying to find all of the needle bearings and the missing cup that was laying out in traffic. Once I figured I had "enough" of the little things, I dusted them off and put it back together..... had to drive a1a from Jupiter back to lake worth at like 20mph, anything beyond that and it felt like it was going to come apart. Man those were the days.
I have also used an alternator bolt to replace a broken uca eccentric bolt in a pinch and twine as a throttle cable :lol:

-
Back