Crazy Woodpecker

-
Looks like an Ivory billed woodpecker =P~ I wish I did that video
I wonder where they are ?That snake is in his nest I bet for it to keep fighting it

There is a $50.000 reward if some one can find one of these woodpeckers here in Arkansas, That is a male and has the correct coloring

woodpecker-sightings-615222 (Custom).jpg

A 6 foot black snake made a meal of some baby cardinals we had outside our window. The parent birds put up a good fight considering what weapons they had. I'm guessing that was the woodpeckers nest.

Woodpecker takes on 10ft snake in heroic struggle for nest
A woodpecker has been photographed repeatedly attacking a 10ft snake which invaded its nest in the Amazon.

Published: 8:00AM GMT 21 Dec 2009

After a fight lasting about four minutes, the wounded bird left the area and is likely to have died of its injuries or been killed by a predator. Photo: BARCROFT
Assaf Admoni, 38, an engineer from Herzelia in Israel, took the pictures while holidaying on the Yarapa River in Peru in June. Photo: BARCROFT

The crimson crested woodpecker made repeated attempts to drive the snake out of the tree and was bitten by the snake five times.

On each occasion the snake, thought to be an olive whipsnake, held the much smaller bird in its mouth and then let it fall to the ground below.

After this video …
After this video was taken, the female woodpecker was hurt (hard to see in the video), later the male woodpecker tried as well, but we had to leave.
Our guides said that the female woodpecker is doomed since it was bleeding and the predators in the jungle will smell it ..

So, I would say the snake won, video was taken on Yarapa River in Peru in June.

http://www.news4jax.com/seenon4/22034159/detail.html

Wow,that's a tuff little hombre.Too bad they couldn't have driven off the snake. Well,that's nature.8)

-
Back