Crooked engine.. Is this normal??

-
NO! We use the american floor pan in our Australian built A bodies and yes it is a pain in the arse for exctractor fitment around our right hand drive steering box. Some people move the engine to a central location but then you have to use custom exctractors as the ones that are made for them will no longer fit.
]

OK, I give up... what the hell is an 'exctractor', and do I have one in my tool box?????

I had went through a process where we had located a rear, set up the pinion angle and welded the perches in a 69 dart. I can verify that the driveline IS not centered to the vehicle. I seem to recall the driveline is off set to the right. However, it looks like in the OPs pic the engine is sitting to the left at the rear of the drivers side valve cover. I would think the manifold is hitting something if the pic holds true. Also, i would think you would notice at the trans mount etc. it may be an optical illusion.

Also the diff is centered and the motor is to the right which maintains proper driveshaft angle so the u-joints operate properly.

-
Back