crypto currency investing, anyone?

-
Yessir, Non tangible assets, to me, ain't real. Unless, well, they’re silly cone... lol. My son home built a computer just to harvest Bitcoin he don't do a thing to it it just runs by itself he makes an extra $900 a month doing that... to me if it is not physically in my hands, or in my possession, or something like that, I just don't wanna do it. And of course it takes money to make money, I've got 10 k in tools and a Lifetime of knowledge in Remodeling, Repairs, and Construction. The influx of foreign labor kind of makes that worthless a lot of times...... and with these things going on at the border I foresee my skill set and tools getting pushed over on into the dumpster somewhere
Construction is flooded by cheap labor.
I was lucky enough to run into years of fixing that garage and they were happy to pay top dollar.
You might wanna do some self promoting/advertising. Friends and family word of mouth goes a long way. You're probably aware of that already but since you're a good guy I just wanted to throw that out there.

Yessir, Non tangible assets, to me, ain't real. Unless, well, they’re silly cone... lol. My son home built a computer just to harvest Bitcoin he don't do a thing to it it just runs by itself he makes an extra $900 a month doing that... to me if it is not physically in my hands, or in my possession, or something like that, I just don't wanna do it. And of course it takes money to make money, I've got 10 k in tools and a Lifetime of knowledge in Remodeling, Repairs, and Construction. The influx of foreign labor kind of makes that worthless a lot of times...... and with these things going on at the border I foresee my skill set and tools getting pushed over on into the dumpster somewhere
I was lucky enough to run into years of fixing that garage and they were happy to pay top dollar.
You might wanna do some self promoting/advertising. Friends and family word of mouth goes a long way. You're probably aware of that already but since you're a good guy I just wanted to throw that out there.
Crypto isn't government backed, for what ever that's worth. I still think that it's a good idea to keep cash on hand, pay down personal debt. Don't put a lot of money into the stock market

Neither me nor the girl really have any family left. I do have a Soild Friend base (usually make them for life), it only goes so far. Now your advice to advertise or somehow promote that is where I've been saying I need to be heading for the last year because everything kind of went to crap right around Christmas last year

We're headed for a economic downturn and it won't be a pretty sight.
Yep. Completely agree. I really think next month everything bleeds like crazy. Crypto, stocks, bonds,real estate, jobs , everything is looking bad,

Crypto isn't government backed, for what ever that's worth. I still think that it's a good idea to keep cash on hand, pay down personal debt. Don't put a lot of money into the stock market
All I have to do is look at a gas can, the government and regulations destroyed the simple gas can lol

Neither me nor the girl really have any family left. I do have a Soild Friend base (usually make them for life), it only goes so far. Now your advice to advertise or somehow promote that is where I've been saying I need to be heading for the last year because everything kind of went to crap right around Christmas last year
Unfortunately, I had to give work away for dirt a couple times to get my reputation up and able to charge accordingly. Most people won't or can't afford to do that. But for me it's always worked, add the correct directed faith.

Unfortunately, I had to give work away for dirt a couple times to get my reputation up and able to charge accordingly. Most people won't or can't afford to do that. But for me it's always worked, add the correct directed faith.
Yessir, been there, unfortunately not too long ago. The gal and I slammed two metal roofs on and painted three buildings, less than 3 grand..... I've been down for about 5 or 6 weeks that covid gave me some brutal bronchitis I finally started taking steroids. Not being able to breathe really freaking sucks dude

Yessir, been there, unfortunately not too long ago. The gal and I slammed two metal roofs on and painted three buildings, less than 3 grand..... I've been down for about 5 or 6 weeks that covid gave me some brutal bronchitis I finally started taking steroids. Not being able to breathe really freaking sucks dude
Oh for sure, I guess I got lucky 3 weeks to full recovery

Oh for sure, I guess I got lucky 3 weeks to full recovery
We had to be a five I think it was only four to five days of fevers and not being able to eat I lost some weight lost a lot of sleep but once the covid itself left the bronchitis was right there to take its place. I never knew how bad that could be when your lungs are so inflamed you can't cough up a piece of phlegm and then when you do start coughing you lose your hair and then your body goes into hyperventilation and you can't even hit a rescue inhaler.... it Sucks. Makes me want to find the germ manipulating punks with the white lab coats and choke the living **** out of their asses...... I felt that way since this **** started over two and a half years ago though

A year ago I bought 20 bucks of Shitcoin and turned it into 2300. Paid for Christmas that way lol

Through constant trading and doing nothing else with your free time, maybe.
But a return of over eleven thousand percent in 4-5 months?
upload_2022-8-21_22-30-17.png

When bitcoin barely doubled in value?
I'm calling highly unlikely.

Unless you mean actual Shitcoin, which didn't exist a year ago and not really before Christmas, and never tripled in value.
upload_2022-8-21_22-36-22.png

Through constant trading and doing nothing else with your free time, maybe.
But a return of over eleven thousand percent in 4-5 months?
View attachment 1715973900

When bitcoin barely doubled in value?
I'm calling highly unlikely.

Unless you mean actual Shitcoin, which didn't exist a year ago and not really before Christmas, and never tripled in value.
View attachment 1715973904
Haha i didn’t know there was an actual **** coin.

no, I’m talking about about Shib Inu. I bought 20 bucks worth of the stuff when it first came out in May/June of 2021, Forgot about it until it suddenly dropped several zeroes last fall and peaked at like .00008 if I remember right

Among other things, investing in cryptocurrency is also very useful. Stock trading requires a certificate or license. In addition, to trade the company's shares, you need to contact a broker. Bitcoin trading is minimalistic: just buy or sell bitcoins on exchanges and put them in your wallet. Transactions with bitcoins are also carried out instantly – unlike settlements on exchange orders, which can take several days or weeks. And you should also use a high-quality trading platform for example, Forex Demo Account: How to Open and Use | FBS.

Last edited:
I only skipped around the thread but didn't see mentioned that anyone "mining" crypto with a home computer needs to do some pretty serious math.
There are complex charts online to determine if it's worth it to mine based on how much is paid and how much electricity your computer uses.
That's right, you can easily lose money just because of your electricity cost going up when your computer is in use.
The profit margin is that slim.
This favors- A- people that have high dollar, specialized mining rigs often built with multiple expen$$$ive video cards to off-load processing from the main CPU, and B- people that are in a position to write off, or otherwise not pay full price for electricity.

Instability seems to be the key word when it comes to crypto.
It actually has more in common with a stock that's valued based on speculation, at a multiple of the actual, tangible face value, than it does as a currency that's widely used to pay for goods and services.

...and to the person who said stock trading was complex by comparison and listed "requirements"- NOT true at all.
I've been an online trader with one of the most well known entities since 1999.
It's basically "point and click".
There is a minimum balance requirement, but that varies by firm.
I've never had a trade take longer than a few hours to execute.
I suppose if you set unrealistic goals such as a limit price way above the days' bid/ask, or if you're trying to pre-program days, weeks or month in advance on purpose (which I wouldn't recommend).

Last edited:
Did we just wake up with the issue of cheap labor in this country, only been going on the last 30 years
There are more jobs available now than ive ever seen in my entire life, what they pay and benefits is another story
If this country didnt become so dependant on China we wouldn't be in the situation we are and again that didnt happen over night
The question is who hires illegals? Who goes down to known pick up spots were day labourers hang out and hires them for a day or so? Who has a business registered as a corporation, has no assets in their personal name and lets a illegal or even green card holder drive a pickup with no license?
Immigrants here legally did the work nobody else wanted to do. They toiled long hours, were often abused and taken advantage of on the job, suffered a lot of injuries....Immigrants built this country but the problem is that was before they flood into this country undocumented and if you think that is a recent happening, your only fooling yourself
And now this Crypto money. Thanks but no thanks. Lets build some factories and ban some imports from third world countries and make money the old fashioned way

We had to be a five I think it was only four to five days of fevers and not being able to eat I lost some weight lost a lot of sleep but once the covid itself left the bronchitis was right there to take its place. I never knew how bad that could be when your lungs are so inflamed you can't cough up a piece of phlegm and then when you do start coughing you lose your hair and then your body goes into hyperventilation and you can't even hit a rescue inhaler.... it Sucks. Makes me want to find the germ manipulating punks with the white lab coats and choke the living **** out of their asses...... I felt that way since this **** started over two and a half years ago though
Sucks what your going through, Im hoping you get better, get over this real soon

A RR strike would have been devestating to the eonomy short and longer term. BUT, if they did strike, could not Biden send them back to work and tell them to make an agreement?

On the Trains magazine website, there is a really good explanation of what the workers sought and why.

In case anyone isn't familiar with railroad staffing- basically they call you to work based on seniority.
You don't just go in at 8 am (or 4 or 11 PM) for one of three shifts....
You don't really know if it will be this morning at 4 am, this afternoon at 2, or next Sunday at midnight.
They call you with a couple hours notice.
They also have "minimum" "sleep" windows that can be as small as six hours.
IIRC the worst case scenario example given was a 12 hour shift with 4 additional hours over with six hours off and then another 12 on, but travel time and time to get ready eat into that 6 hours.
Another main issue was there's no sick time.
...and if you fail to report after being called you get demerits that result in discipline or termination.
You could basically be fired for being sick, or being sick and not coming in to work.

Imagine working 16 hours a day with only 6 hours off (and about 4 hours sleep) in between shifts.
...and then getting sick (possibly because of that grueling schedule).

...and don't go to the bar to relive stress, either. They might call you to work after you've had your 4th, with 2 hours to get there.
I believe that's "rule G" and might be instant termination.

Seems like an oddball way, but it's been that way basically forever.

-
Back